Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2002, 08:22 AM
Norwegian Seas out of NYC worst cruise I have been on so far, this was only the second time, for me third time for daughter but we travel at least 3 times a year on sea and land would never use this line again, the food tasted like left overs from the night before, hard, dry. The staff ignored you when you asked questions or needed condiments the only good part of our eating experience was the day we left and went to the dining room they had set up for embarking day the food was ok. but staff there fell all over us, maybe because it was the embarking day! the rest of the resturants were awful, I had to spend 2 nights with a sick child in our room my grandson, had to order room service, they had lousy menu for that, hotdogs /chips. raman soup at least that got me through for him every thing else was either overcooked, burned or cold or stale shame on the chefs, and I had to tip every time he came to room with food, whats up with that. I was charged 30.00 a day for tips for the 4 of us why did I have to give more, The problem with this daily charge is the help knows they are getting their tip, friendly or not. service is not what we expected. that will be last time for us on Norwegian!!!
Old 06-23-2002, 08:22 AM
Norwegian Seas out of NYC worst cruise I have been on so far, this was only the second time, for me third time for daughter but we travel at least 3 times a year on sea and land would never use this line again, the food tasted like left overs from the night before, hard, dry. The staff ignored you when you asked questions or needed condiments the only good part of our eating experience was the day we left and went to the dining room they had set up for embarking day the food was ok. but staff there fell all over us, maybe because it was the embarking day! the rest of the resturants were awful, I had to spend 2 nights with a sick child in our room my grandson, had to order room service, they had lousy menu for that, hotdogs /chips. raman soup at least that got me through for him every thing else was either overcooked, burned or cold or stale shame on the chefs, and I had to tip every time he came to room with food, whats up with that. I was charged 30.00 a day for tips for the 4 of us why did I have to give more, The problem with this daily charge is the help knows they are getting their tip, friendly or not. service is not what we expected. that will be last time for us on Norwegian!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 06:09 PM

Sorry you had such a bad cruise - we were on the Sea in 2000 out of Houston and had no problems at all. We did the Sky to Hawaii last October and she was great - good food and wonderful service - we're doing the Majesty to Bermuda and have heard wonderful things about the cruise (going in October) will post after the cruise.
Old 06-29-2002, 11:11 AM

Judst like the last writer, we did the Sea in 2000 and the Sky last year to Hawaii and are advid NCL cruisers. Want BAD...try Carnival!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

JBR
Old 07-03-2002, 06:52 AM

We were on the Norwegian Sea for 2 weeks in April and were very pleased with the food and service onboard the ship. Sorry to hear you the ship did not mneet your expectations. I have cruised on all the lines and can honestly say I have never had a bad cruise. The Norwegian Cruise Sky to Alaska was a bit disappointing in the service and a small handful of waiters in the dining room but overall still a wonderful experience. A cruise is what you make of it. I have never had a bad experience on Carnival either. The last ship we sailed on them was the Vistory and we thought it was great! My fav line is Celebrity. Great food, service and cabins!

Closed Thread