Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 PM

im trying to find the site where u sign up for roll call on the same ship to find others travelling to? how do i get to it, i found it on this site, but forgot how i got there.

me
Old 06-22-2009, 08:19 AM

Sinyurita, it's just a little further down on the main page. Click on the Roll Call link for your cruise line and you're there.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:45 PM

We did this cruise just a few weeks ago (05/31/09 - 06/07/09)on our 25th anniversary. We did all our excursions ourself. In Valetta/Malta you can take a taxi to the upper town ( ten) and go back to the ship by a horse-drawn carriage (about 50 for 4 persons.
Rome: take the port-shuttle to the portgate. Walk about ten minutes to the train station Civitavecchia. Buy a BIRG ticket
Here you will find the timetable. Leave the train at Rome S. Pietro for the Vatican City and take the train at Roma Termini for going back to Civitavecchia. The trains are overcrowded in the time between 8 and 10 h A.M.
Livorno: take a taxi from the port (ship side) to the railway station (about 20). There you can buy a retour ticket to Firenze ( 19).

Regards
Uwe
Old 06-29-2009, 08:26 PM

We are booked for 9/06 and have private tours set up for 3 stops with miles and miles private tour company. the cost is 80 euros per person for 8 people. not a bad cost and they pick you up and drop you off at the ship.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:26 PM

uwe,

hi, thanks for the info,,,are you from germany? i had a friend who lived in germany and married a lady by the name of claudia?

lisa
Old 07-19-2009, 06:17 PM

I was last year on Norwegian Gem on the Mediterranean with my family. The cruise is very good. I made all excursions on our own. It was very easy. there is always a turism office on the port to help you (except in Livorno). My suggestions:
- Malta: take the city bus on to the city centre (1 ). The bus stop is close to the port
- Napoli: take the bus to the railway station and the train to Pompey
- Civitavecchia: walk to the railway station and take the train to Rome. Stop at the Vatican station and buy a 1 day bus+metro ticket, Visit the Vatican, Piazza di Spagna and the Coliseum
- Livorno: rent a car with GPS on the pier. Visit Pisa and Florence.
- Villefranche: walk to the railway station and take the train to Monte Carlo (15 min ride).
It was beautiful and visited a lot of Cities calmly and on our schedules. No need to rush, because we are on holidays. Always disembarked after 9:30 and saved some money to visit Barcelona.

This is a very comfortable and easy way to visit the South of Europe

Enjoy
Old 07-20-2009, 10:23 AM

Only problem with the Barcelona port is that we have transfer vouchers to the airport and our plane is on 7:00 PM We will be on barcelona in the morning . If i use my voucher to the airport we will be wait for hours on the barcelona airport . So i decided not to use my free transfer voucher and enjoy barcelona by myself than take a cab and return to my home Sadly It will be the end of my Honeymoon .
Old 07-20-2009, 10:57 AM

I think that's a great choice Mert, especially since it will be the end of your honeymoon. Might as well enjoy as much as you can, it will be too soon before returning home and getting back into the routine.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:35 AM

I forgot one important detail about my decision. What will happen to our luggage ? We can't wonder around barcelona with two luggage's and a backpack. Do you have any solutions for this ?
Thanks .
Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 PM

you are awesome,,, i especially appreciated the part where you said take your time,,, and we didnt leave the ship till after 9:30am,, you trully have enjoyed yourselves, wonderful,,, i will defnitley do the train to rome,,, that is great , thank you!

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelona, center, cingueterra, city, cruise, cruises, florence, including, port, transfer