Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 04:24 PM

My husband and I along with our 9 year old have booked on the above ship in August 2010 for 4 days through the Bahamas. I am wanting to know if this ship is suitable for children and what activities do they have for children, as we have just come back from another cruise, not a Norwegian liner but another company and found that there was not many children on board and nothing organised for children.
Have read some of the comments on the food situation - hoping that it is not as bad as it sounds.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Hi Fordy, and welcome to cruise-chat. We're long-time NCL cruisers and have always been pleased with its Kids Program. Even on ships with very limited dedicated space (and those ships are no longer in the fleet), they did a great job and our son enjoyed it.

You can click here for information on the Kids Programs and what they offer both kids and families. On Norwegian Sky, the Kids Corner is located forward on International Deck (deck 7), yet they might also meet in other areas of the ship.

You are going at a time of year when there should be plenty of families onboard as most schools are still on summer break.

Happy to answer additional questions.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Hi Fordy, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Congratulations on your up-coming cruise. We sailed the Sky last July, she is a beautiful ship and the food was great. They had some great jerk and cajun entrees in the main dining room. We didn't try any of the specialty restaurants, but the food in the main dining room was very good. They have some yummy sticky buns on the main buffet for breakfast, they weren't on the outside lines, just inside. They were wonderful!

They had plenty of activities for the children, they had treasure hunts, arts and crafts, and a video game area, plus they had all types of activities scheduled. I think your child will have a ball

Best wishes!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Fordy
My son (13) and I went on the Spirit last summer. By day three he had hooked up with the kids and I didn't have anyone to play with.
I think NCL has more activities than any other line. They had one night where the kids ate together in the main dining room. They all went to the show together one night. They also loved eating at the 24 hour grille. It has lots of kid friendly food like fried chicken, burgers and fries. He also loved the autonomy of flashing his soda card. As your son is a little younger, he will have more supervision, but he'll be just fine. The tough part is when he wants to hang out with his friends instead of leave the ship!
Marsha

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Closed Thread

Tags
19, activities, child, cruise, family, friendly, kid, kids, korner, lines, norwegian, norweigen, reviews, sky, year