Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2005, 03:41 PM

Well we just returned from our Cruise on the NCL Sea. I must say that all of the review's that I had read were really the individual topic starters opinions. I had a wonderful time. I know that it isn't like going to a 5 star all inclusive resort but it didn't feel like a 1 star either. The food all depended on where you dined. The buffet was not as bad as most said it was. Actually it was nice to have food grilled right on the deck. The main dining rooms were not as elegant as I had seen on other cruises but it was nice. The staff were very helpful and well organized. The ship is small so there really isn't a whole lot of stuff to do. They don't have alot of different activities either. Yes, they do seem to nickel and dime you, right from the start! We no sooner got off the elevator and drinks were pushed into our hands with the crew saying welcome aboard but then it was, oh this drink is $3.75 may I have your room charge card? So, just be aware. The rooms ARE small. That is no lie. Having an outside room did make a difference of about 2 feet (maybe). Having been to Cozumel and Cancun I aready knew what to expect there, but Belize and Roatan were very different. Roatan was quite a culture shock. Not what we had expected at all. They warned us about sand flea's. We had no problem in that department but then we avoided the beaches. Other's that we had met did in fact have massive problems with the sand flea's, so bring bug spray! Snorkeling on the Belize Reef was not what I had expected either. If your looking to see Coral then your in the right place. But if it's the beautiful fish that your looking for well you really won't find them there. All in all, this cruise would rate on a scale of 1 - 10 about an 8. Now, that is just MY opinion. Your fun can only be what you make it to be. If this cruise was offered with a different ship, meaning a larger vessel, I would probably do it again. The cost was very cheap and you could not travel to these destinations for such a small price.
Thanks for taking time to read MY opinion.
Julie
Old 01-09-2005, 03:41 PM

Well we just returned from our Cruise on the NCL Sea. I must say that all of the review's that I had read were really the individual topic starters opinions. I had a wonderful time. I know that it isn't like going to a 5 star all inclusive resort but it didn't feel like a 1 star either. The food all depended on where you dined. The buffet was not as bad as most said it was. Actually it was nice to have food grilled right on the deck. The main dining rooms were not as elegant as I had seen on other cruises but it was nice. The staff were very helpful and well organized. The ship is small so there really isn't a whole lot of stuff to do. They don't have alot of different activities either. Yes, they do seem to nickel and dime you, right from the start! We no sooner got off the elevator and drinks were pushed into our hands with the crew saying welcome aboard but then it was, oh this drink is $3.75 may I have your room charge card? So, just be aware. The rooms ARE small. That is no lie. Having an outside room did make a difference of about 2 feet (maybe). Having been to Cozumel and Cancun I aready knew what to expect there, but Belize and Roatan were very different. Roatan was quite a culture shock. Not what we had expected at all. They warned us about sand flea's. We had no problem in that department but then we avoided the beaches. Other's that we had met did in fact have massive problems with the sand flea's, so bring bug spray! Snorkeling on the Belize Reef was not what I had expected either. If your looking to see Coral then your in the right place. But if it's the beautiful fish that your looking for well you really won't find them there. All in all, this cruise would rate on a scale of 1 - 10 about an 8. Now, that is just MY opinion. Your fun can only be what you make it to be. If this cruise was offered with a different ship, meaning a larger vessel, I would probably do it again. The cost was very cheap and you could not travel to these destinations for such a small price.
Thanks for taking time to read MY opinion.
Julie
Old 01-10-2005, 04:46 AM

Julie,

Thanks for your review. I'm booked on the Sea on the 4/23/05 trip and, as you stated, have read all the up & down reviews. I appreciate your insight.

Kathie
Old 01-10-2005, 08:10 AM

Julie, great assessment.

Tom
Old 01-10-2005, 03:08 PM

Julie,
Thank you for the thorough report and your positive attitude. It is certainly true that having a good time is a decision we make for ourselves. I have sailed on the Sea and although it was not my favorite cruise, I had a great time nonetheless.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, ncl, sea, ship