Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 01:52 PM

We had a great time on the Sun. Great ship, had everything we needed and we did get a coffee maker for our room. We gave our left over Tim Horten's coffee to the assisstant cruise director as he is Canadian. The entertainment was great. We laughed a lot. The Western Carribean was a one time for me though, I prefer the Eastern Islands. Any questions? I'll be happy to answer. Can't wait to cruise again
Old 02-01-2005, 01:52 PM

We had a great time on the Sun. Great ship, had everything we needed and we did get a coffee maker for our room. We gave our left over Tim Horten's coffee to the assisstant cruise director as he is Canadian. The entertainment was great. We laughed a lot. The Western Carribean was a one time for me though, I prefer the Eastern Islands. Any questions? I'll be happy to answer. Can't wait to cruise again
Old 02-02-2005, 06:37 AM

Marylu,
Thaks for checking back in. I am glad you had a good time and the Sun met your expectations. Did you dine in any of the specialty restaurants? If so, any recommendations?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-02-2005, 02:28 PM

Hi Marylu, You could have left the T. H. for me, HA. I have tried on the NCL line a couple times to see if we have a coffee maker in our room and have reieved differant replies each time. We are looking forward to western and are 1st timers. Any advice on embarkation in Miami, and around ports, seems like that may be a hectic time of holiday. How did US customs like you? Thanks in advance for any advice , c ya
Old 02-03-2005, 01:07 PM

Hi We didn't eat at any of the speciality restaurants as we felt the food was good everywhere. If you don't get a coffee maker ask your cabin steward for one. Embarkation was a breeze and so was customs. They take your passport and give it back at the end of the cruise. Make sure you have another photo I.D. ( like driver's Lic) as some Ports require a photo I.D. as well as cruise card.
The best meal we had was on Roatan in the French restaurant "Les Boucaniers" We had shrimp and lobster. Amazing ! Enjoy your cruise
Old 02-03-2005, 04:40 PM

Welcome back! What deck were you on? Did you have a balcony? Anything we should know that caught you off guard or by surprise?
Any trouble with rough seas, and did you make Grand Cayman, or was it too rough?
Thanks!
Old 02-04-2005, 12:58 PM

Thanks Marylu, I wonder about them taking your passport, I thought you were never to give it up and would need it at the other stops. Thats interesting?
Old 02-04-2005, 02:30 PM

Hi Yes we had a balcony. Some people say its not worth the money but we loved it. We left our door open to the ocean every night. We had romantic glasses of wine there too as well as our morning cups of coffee. One night we turned off the cabin lights and star gazed.
We did have a couple of rough days at sea. We didn't get to go to Grand Cayman because the port auth. thought the seas were too rough. I wore my sea wrist bands for motion sickness and they worked very well.
We photo copied our passports before we left so we always had the info with us. We had a great time.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:56 AM

Marylu,

Did you meet anyone who took the "Altun Ha and Belize River" excursion? If so, did they have any feedback? We've booked this one and I was just wondering. Thanks

Closed Thread