Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 08:58 AM

We are going with NCL Gem June 09 - what kind of extra fees are you talking about?

Thanks tips would be helpful - first time cruisers.

Mary - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by RPORTER:
Make sure you check everything. I just came off NCL with crazy fees that I was unaware of... I have cruised Princess, Carnival, Celebrity and RCL and have never had that problem.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 AM

Lots of little fees - that can catch you offguard. Let's see - tips of course. Add an extra $10 per day for each member of your cabin. Bowling on the GEM will cost you $10 plus tax each time your bowl. Soda cards will cost you - I can't remember the exact amount because we don;'t drink pop, but $30 for week plus tax seems to ring a bell. Specialty coffees and pastries are extra too. The ever present bingo if you partake (pot grows so save your $ til the end of the cruise if you wish to play); they always have sales at the gift shops - and of course wine, beer adds up real fast. As I said before, buy a bottle in the dining room - I bought really great California bottle for US 22 and you drink a glass each night and they save it for you. Works out cheaper than by glass. Bottled water as you leave for the ports is another $3.00 US - suggest you bring your own water bottle and fill up with ship water before you go the ports. Internet access if very expensive on ship. Don't call home from ship - very expensive too - buy cards on islands for $10. What else, so many little things add up so fast but, that is the way with every holiday. Spa services are very expensive too - if you use them. I have been on Jewel sister of Gem twice now and I must admit Norwegian puts together a wonderful product and a very good experience. Just bear it mind all the little extras that will come out of your pocket so easily. Cheers
Old 03-24-2009, 09:28 PM

I booked on the NCL Jewel for the Baltic Capitals next year. I watched the CNBC special on NCL and immediately called NCL. My goodness WHAT A USER EXPERIENCE!!!!
I was shocked at the disclosure on CNBC regarding being scanned at each port for spirits. I immediately called NCL had talked with an NCL supervisor from hell. Her name is Fabienne Cadet 1800 327 7030 ext 7663. I stated that I booked this cruise and nobody explained this corkage fees. I also stated the new NCL web site has no mention of this. I have never taken a cruise where a bottle of wine in my room required corkage. I completely understand corkage outside of my room. We booked a balcony so we could enjoy wines we find in each port. Fabienne's retort to each of my requests to have NCL COVER the corkage is "I cannot", she then offered to me my option to cancel the cruise. I will be doing just that - after I contact Mr. Stuart whom stated on CNBC - they wanted to book passengers and fill ships. This is NO WAY to treat a customer. I'm completely turned off to NCL. I'll post tomorrow after I've contacted corporate over this ordeal with Fabienne.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, bottles, bring, bringing, corkage, cruise, fee, gem, ncl, norwegian, norweigan, policy, uncork, water, wine