Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 06:46 PM

Hey everyone,

Anyone know if you can bring wine on board NCL Gem. I know CCL allows a couple of bottles but am unsure of NCL's policy. Thanks

Bub
Old 02-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Hi Bub. Check here for the policies of the various cruise lines. At the time this was put together, NCL had not updated its Web site -- but we have heard from other cruisers, and I have witnessed personally, that you may bring wine onboard so long as you pay a corkage fee upon embarkation. Just be sure to have it in your carry-on luggage.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:39 AM

Thanks Lisa

Bub
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 PM

Make sure you check everything. I just came off NCL with crazy fees that I was unaware of... I have cruised Princess, Carnival, Celebrity and RCL and have never had that problem.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:34 AM

Hi RPORTER,

Thanks,can you elaborate on these fees? How much is the uncorking fee for example and what else do they charge for that you get included on other lines?

Bub
Old 02-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Administrator

I was curious about this and just looked at the NCL website. It seems they have updated the policy regarding alcohol. Under "what can't I bring aboard" - "...Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any intoxicating liquors, or beverages..."

Note the comma between liquors and beverages. It is their comma. Does this mean no personal bottled water or soda too, or is it a typo?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Administrator

I was just advised that it *is* a typo and the intent is a ban on hard liquor. Soda and water is fine, as is wine with the previously mentioned corkage fee paid at embarkation. They put a sticker on the wine bottles to show the fee was paid.

NCL continues to have perhaps the most pathetic website out there for a big cruise line.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:08 PM

We brought wine in our luggage (small bottles onto the Jewel in October 2008 and put them right into the fridge in the cabin. No problem at all. ALso, we brought on board a whole case load of water bottles. I am very particular about my water and again put it right into the fridge as I needed it and got off the ship at each port with my old water and did not have to spend the $3.00 buying ship bottled water all the time. We like the NCL policy where you buy a bottle of wine in the bars or the dining room and they put the rest away for you so that you can have it the next time you dine. Great idea. Sometimes you do not want to finish the bottle at one sitting and it works out cheaper than buying individual glasses all the time.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 AM

There is a corkage fee of $15 + 18% gratuity per bottle
Old 02-25-2009, 07:12 AM

Thanks Joe, Dave and Pink. Seems quite expensive to uncork a wine bottle but I guess you worry about that after you get home.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, bottles, bring, bringing, corkage, cruise, fee, gem, ncl, norwegian, norweigan, policy, uncork, water, wine