Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2004, 11:09 AM

My husband and I will be sailing on Norwegian Wind in December. Does anyone know if there is self-laundry on this ship. Also, how much is the soda card on an 11 day cruise? Thank you
Old 09-27-2004, 11:09 AM

My husband and I will be sailing on Norwegian Wind in December. Does anyone know if there is self-laundry on this ship. Also, how much is the soda card on an 11 day cruise? Thank you
Old 09-28-2004, 04:03 PM

Suzieq,
No, there are no self-service laundry facilities on the Wind. Sorry!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-30-2004, 12:10 PM
My husband & I just returned from this 11 day cruise. It was really much better than I anticipated. There is no self-service laundry, and I found that by the 5th day, I was ready to send some personables to the ships laundry service... I didn't ask about a "soda card", but there is a refillable soda container for around $34.00. Sodas are $1.50 - so you will need to drink at least 3 sodas a day to make this cost effective. A suggestion - "Freestyle" dining causes some severe back-ups in the two main dining rooms (Four Seasons and Terraces). We found that the Italian Restaurant (Trattoria), on Deck 11, much easier to get into...one night there was a 30 minute wait at Terraces, and we walked right into Trattoria. The service in Trattoria was much better also. The food was excellent. This restaurant had the same menu as the main dining rooms on three nights. It changed it's menu on the 10th day. Have a good trip -
Old 10-01-2004, 08:02 AM

Susan, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. What type of stateroom did you have? Did your itinerary change during the cruise? Again, thank you! Sue
Old 10-01-2004, 09:09 AM
We had an outside cabin on Deck 5, misdships). Quite adequate, if small (the bathroom was very small). The midships position was perfect. We had no changes to the itinerary, although I have read some reviews where this had happened. Some reviewers have also complained about the time needed to travel to Fanning Island, but we did not seem to notice those 4 days at sea, as we were busy every day with activities. We also enjoyed every port. NCL has a varied and good selection of shore excursions (we did shore excurions in three ports!). Both stops in Maui are quite long, so you might want to consider a car rental for either one or both of your days there. We did this for our day in Kahului, and regretted not getting a car in Lahaina.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:08 AM

Thanks again, Susan. We have a car reserved in Hilo, Maui, Kauai and Honolulu. After reading so many reviews (many negative) it is nice to hear some positive feedback. We are looking forward to the days at sea and also seeing Fanning Island. Anything else that you can think of that would be helpful I would appreciate the information. Sue

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, kahului, laudromat, laundry, maui, ncl, ships