Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 08:21 AM

Hi! I'm new to this board and thinking of cruising with NCL. What is "free-style" cruising exactly? And is the dress code always casual? So, there are no themed nights or formal nights? If so, then this is my husband's kind of cruising. We've been with other cruise lines, and he hated to have to dress up for dinner. Thanks for any info!
Old 01-13-2005, 08:21 AM

Hi! I'm new to this board and thinking of cruising with NCL. What is "free-style" cruising exactly? And is the dress code always casual? So, there are no themed nights or formal nights? If so, then this is my husband's kind of cruising. We've been with other cruise lines, and he hated to have to dress up for dinner. Thanks for any info!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:27 AM

N,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

The following PDF file provides a good summary of what Freestyle Cruising is all about:

http://www.ncl.com/news/downloads/Fr...y03_092204.pdf

Hope this helps!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-13-2005, 10:52 AM

1st of all...welcome N,freestyle is the way to go.....we did it for the first time last summer,cant wait to do it again........
Old 01-13-2005, 11:32 AM

Your husband will love Freestyle cruising if he does not want to dress in the evening. They still do have formal and "theme" nights, but they are restricted to certain restaurants. I liken Freestyle cruising to like going to a resort somewhere.

One of the resort's restaurants may be formal, the next a themed casual restaurant, the next a buffet, and so on. There may be a formal party happening in one of the ballrooms and then an informal party in another.

If you pass through the lobby of the resort you may see folks in shorts, someone in a tux, others in suits, maybe some in slacks and golf shirts and so on. Ditto with Freestyle cruising. Give it a try.

Tom
Old 01-17-2005, 01:12 PM

although there are no formal nights ...men are required to wear pants in all the dining halls...my husband was planning on wearing khaki shorts every night but couldnt...good thing i made him bring an extra pair of khaki pants!
Enjoy
Old 01-17-2005, 07:07 PM

Agreed about the long pants in the dining halls. Once fed, however, I believe one can dawn the shorts for the rest of the evening.

Tom
Old 01-18-2005, 04:00 PM
The dining room is still the dining room - no shorts or denims in the dining room. Freestyle just means no set seating times. Buffet dinner in whatever venue is set up for buffet is casual.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruies, cruise, cruises, cruising, formal, formalfree, free, freestyle, froum, night, style, styling