Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Administrator

NCL is reporting an excellent level of booking during the 'wave' season. They are also stating that cruise pricing will increase up to 7% starting on April 2. Read the press release HERE
Old 03-05-2010, 07:07 AM

I'm sure they'll all be raising them as soon as they can.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:52 PM

I agree they are all going to raise prices asap. But I have to wonder with the economy in the shape it is in where are people getting the money to cruise? I am really baffeled, most equity lines have been closed, people have lost thousands on thier homes. Where is the money coming from? Credit Cards??
Old 03-05-2010, 11:53 PM

I have to wonder who they are getting their cues from.

It has the smell of a possible marketing ploy. I thought the same thing when CCL announced a price increase for their summer sailings.

Dwayne
Old 03-06-2010, 05:24 AM

Studies have shown that people will still take vacations even in down times. In all the negative news of bad economy, job loss, etc.; taking a vacation is the one thing that makes them feel good. They feel they deserve it. They may not be able to take as long a vacation, or as expensive vacation as normal. But they will take some type of vacation.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:38 AM

Morning all! I have to agree with Cruise Fanatic. I work for a bank in the mortgage department and people are still buying and refinancing. Granted, I live in CT where the economy has not been hit quite as hard as other parts of the country but I see it everyday. This will be our first vacation in just about 13 years and have been putting it off for at least 3 years now due to money but you know, we deserve it and I think that's the rational for some people. Besides, cruising seems to be one of the more affordable ways to see different places so it's definitely appealing.

Closed Thread