Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 06:24 AM

Ok, since my hubby and I have never been on a cruise I'm a little confused and could use some help. We are going on the Dawn in April and are a little confused when it comes to dinner. I see a lot of people say "resort casual" but can someone please explain to me what this is? I guess I am wondering if we are allowed to wear jeans or shorts in both the main dining rooms and the specialty restaurants. Someone please fill me because I am so very lost.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi to You,

Resort casual is just about anything that makes you feel comfortable....NO SHORTS in the main diningrooms in the evening though....I wear a nice pair of dress slacks and a nice short sleeved shirt..my wife wears a nice comforable dress or skirt...You will see people in all sorts of dress...and if I'm not mistaken, jeans are considered "resort casual now"...just not the torn or ragged looking ones...."Dress up Night has been down scaled too... I wear a sportscoat one night with a shirt and tie, the next night I were a sports coat and a nice shirt and no tie...You won't see may tuxedos or cocktail dresses, but if you have them, of course wear them and strutt your stuff...After many years of cruising, I welcome the "resort casual"...but it's personal choice...Go and have a smashing good cruise...that's the important part of cruising....I'm off in 9 days and can't wait...

Bob E
Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM

This.
We usually wear khakis and a nice sportshirt, either silk or cotton, and nice pair of Todd's loafers or some such....
Unfortunately, no shorts at dinner in the main dining room, but anything goes if you decide to eat in the upstairs buffet restaurant one or 2 nights...
2009--NCL Sky
2009--Carnival Destiny
2009--RCCL Freedom of the Seas
2008--Celebrity Constellation
2007--HAL Westerdam
2007--RCCL Liberty of the Seas
2006--Caribbean Princess
2005--RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2003--Carnival Imagination
2002--RCCL Monarch of the Seas
2001--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2000--Carnival Imagination
1999--Carnival Fascination
1998--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1996--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1994--NCL Windward
1993--NCL Westward
Old 01-25-2010, 06:37 PM

For women, anything you would wear out to a nice summer lunch - sundress or skirt, or a pair of cotton pants and a blouse. For guys, Dockers and a golf shirt seems to be most common. We've been on NCL a few times (going again next month!), and we have gotten to the point where my husband doesn't even pack a tie. If you want to wear a jacket and tie, plenty of guys do, and sometimes I want to wear a nicer dress - my little black cocktail dress, for example. None of these options will stand out as unusual. They really mean it when they say "freestyle."

Closed Thread

Tags
black, casual, causual, cruise, definition, dinner, dress, jeans, line, norwegian, resort, review, versus, wear, westerdam