Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 03:07 PM

Hey everyone...New to the forum and just booked a new Eastern Med cruise on the Jade after a long time between cruises... The last two cruises were to the caribbean back in the 90's aboard the Norway...sorry to see she is gone..she was a grand lady....anyway I will be sailing on Jan. 24, 2010...
I am really looking forward to this cruise...Got a great price and have always had great service with NCL....Now begins the long wait till the cruise.....
Old 08-25-2009, 03:11 PM

Welcome to cruise-chat and congratulations on booking your cruise. You will be in for quite a treat and surprise at how cruising has changed since you last sailed.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, and congratulations on the booking! I look forward to your comments upon your return, as we are booked on N. Jade for April. I am also an SS Norway fan... I agree with Cruise Fanatic that it will be a "treat and surprise."
Old 08-26-2009, 06:29 AM
warriorking - Kindly allow me to add my voice to that of Cruise Fanatic and LisaP in welcoming you aboard to Cruise-Chat.com - which many of us feel is THE Place to Be when you are "on the beach" and between cruises! NCL has become awesome with the "freestyle"concept and the ways in which it is implemented aboard the various ships! Indeed, it is an industry trendsetter which has become mimicked by nearly all the cruise lines in some manner shape and form!

I've not cruised aboard the NCL Jade as yet but I have enjoyed her sister the NCL Gem and her first cousin the NCL Dawn - they are two of my favorite ships. No doubt the NCL Jade will be, for you and family, equally enjoyable.

I truly hope you will visit our pages often and share with us your cruise expereinces! Stay in frequent touch!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 08-26-2009, 11:34 AM

Hi warriorking, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations! I haven't had the pleasure of sailing the Jade, either. Can't wait to hear from you when you return. January will be here sooner than you think. Of course, the cruise is always over quicker than the wait So happy to hear you're going to get your sea legs again!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:23 PM

Thanks everyone, I am now busy getting my passport ordered and in order as well as my tours researched for purchase..
I am taking the advice of the NCL agent and not making my final payment till the November deadline, he suggested I wait so that if the price comes down I only need to call and he will make the adjustments in my favor, otherwise I am locked in if I pay in full now...I will keep you posted on my progress and of course I will let you know how my cruise went.....
Old 08-28-2009, 07:42 AM

That sounds so exciting! You have a good agent, that's great advice. Please do keep us updated.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:55 PM

Hey everyone just wanted to give you an update, after doing some price comparisons I decided to cancel my currently booked cruise and rebook it with my local travel agency, seems I can get the same cruise price as well as save over $600 in airfare expense (NCL rountrip ticket price from JFK to Barcelona 1375.00, plus I live in West Virginia so I would need to catch a plane from here to JFK in order to begin my journey, so add another 180.00, same trip with my travel agency got me a roundtrip ticket and hotel room in Barcelona for only $836.00 and thats flying out from my local Airport, no need to pay extra just to get to JFK ......I called my NCL agent to cancel and he told me to just have my travel agency give him a call and he will tranfer my current package over to them without any changes or need to rebook...I call that great customer service...So now I will be arriving 1 day early in Barcelona with a overnight hotel stay and still come away with over $600 more in my pocket in savings....
Old 08-31-2009, 07:15 PM

We always use a TA for just the reasons you mentioned, and for peace of mind. Some folks have better luck without using a TA however I (we) do not have the skills or confidence booking flights without professional help. I think booking the cruise through the line should be OK only we just tell our TA what we want and she figures it all out. No doubt we pay a fee for the service but we all have to make a buck.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:28 PM

With my TA I got the same price quote that I got with NCL, but the great airfare package rate saved me a bundle..I was getting worried about flight delays as well as luggage being misplaced or lost , now I have a great package as well as assurance my concerns are addressed and covered without breaking the bank.....

Closed Thread

Tags
booked, cruise, review, reviews