Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 PM

Ok...I have read more than just a few reviews of NCL and the Star and most of the reviews have not been great. Some are good reviews but most are bad. Now, I am not the type of person that gets upset if the bed is not the most comfortable or if the food is not the greatest. I can usually make the best of a situation, no matter what and I have no problem spending a little extra money to get better service, better food, etc. That being said, a lot of the reviews I have read state that the food on the Star is average (at best), the entertainment is okay and that everything has an additional charge.

Can anyone tell me anything recent about the Star because I have not been able to find very many reviews from 2009.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-28-2010, 03:30 PM

We took a Panama cruise in December last on the Star and a Mexico cruise the year before, also on the Star. We like the ship, good food, entertainment, and staff. We would cruise on her again. A few things on the Panama cruise were a little bit disappointing, for instance the hot tubs were down the entire time, we could not get an honest answer why. The salt water pool was good (there is only one though),the buffet can get a little crowded as there is only one entrance/exit, unlike the Jewel and Pearl etc. We only ate the occasional lunch in the buffet.

Even though the ship is very clean she is getting a little worn and could use a little TLC. They are I think, fixing the engine problem while in Vancouver.

Not sure about any negative comments you have heard, as I said we would take a cruise on her anytime.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:37 PM
We have been on her twice. 1st time was 2005 to Mexico and it was a very good cruise, the 2nd was 2009 to Alaska and it was just as good as the 1st. I haven't seen that many bad reviews on the Star, not everyone that has a good cruise will write a review. I enjoyed the Star and her crew who I found to be very helpful.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 AM

Thanks a bunch! I'm just going to stop worrying about it and have a great time!

Plus, I'm a first time cruiser so I won't have anything to compare it to...lol!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:27 AM

You will love the ship, the Atrium has glass elevators with a stage in front, very relaxing place to sit in the evening, listening to live music sipping on a cocktail.

Closed Thread