Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2004, 08:27 AM

Does anyone else who is booked on this cruise know that the port of Tortola has been cancelled and replaced by a day at sea? can they do this? Are we entitled to any compensation? I have 2 small children and chose this cruise based on the many different ports of call. I am very upset that this port had been cancelled and I was never notified.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:27 AM

Does anyone else who is booked on this cruise know that the port of Tortola has been cancelled and replaced by a day at sea? can they do this? Are we entitled to any compensation? I have 2 small children and chose this cruise based on the many different ports of call. I am very upset that this port had been cancelled and I was never notified.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:01 PM

I'm travelling on Dec 9 and was notified by my travel agent that Totola is cancelled. I have no idea why but I think NCL has the right to do this.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:07 AM

joeaid,

I'm sorry to learn that your itinerary has been changed. This has happened to me a couple of times as well throughout the years, and while it is always unfortunate, there will be a good reason for it.

As for compensation, the "fine print" in your contract with the cruise line (as specified in the company's brochures and on your ticket) allows the cruise line to change the itinerary or even the ship. This applies to virtually all cruise lines.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-20-2004, 03:26 PM

Just came back from my cruise and we stopped in Tortola!!!!

I have a 14 month old and didn't do any excursions. I was disappointed because there wasn't really anything to do by foot but I heard that the beaches are amazing.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:58 PM

Should I panic now?
My family is on the 1-20-05 DAWN and haven't heard anything about cancelling Tortola...
Has then been verified? We MUST renew our supply of Torotla Spiced Rum?!?!
Heather Burke

quote:
Originally posted by joeaid:
Old 12-30-2004, 01:14 PM

Ok - it is Dec 30, 2004 and we just called NCL about the DAWN's sailing of 1/20/05 and they say that Tortola is NOT cancelled! It had been occasionally thru 2004 but for our sailing - it is a GO!
HEATHER BURKE

quote:
Originally posted by joeaid:
Old 01-03-2005, 07:57 AM

Wow, that is great! It is so confusing because I got a letter from our travel agent saying it was cancelled and then about a week or so ago, I got a confirmation of the itinerary listing Totola as a destination. I am really happy to hear that news. thanks so much!
Old 01-05-2005, 03:09 PM

Just got back on that cruise on Dec 30. Initially Tortola was canceled for us but then it was put back in. The reason for this was... Get this, the cruise before us they blew an engine and we were running on one engine and could not go fast enough to make it from Tortola to NY in the 2 days. It will depend on the sea conditions. On the way down the first day, we had 41 foot waves and we didn't get into St. Thomas until around 2:00. By time we got off the boat, we didn't rush cause we were under the understanding that the stores would stay open later when a boat came in late. But they didn't they all shut down at 5:00, so it was pretty much a useless stop.

Tortola is a nice island. We only had time really to do a quick tour of the island. Nice clean water and probably the riches island of them all.

Closed Thread

Tags
cancelled, dawn, ncl, tortola