Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 06:10 AM

How do you get free upgrades? This is my 2nd cruise with NCL and Im taking my 2 kids this time. I only booked an inside room as I dont expect to be in it much. But my parents who cruise 2x's a year told me that occasionally they up grade you. I am hoping to get one, and wondering if there is a way I can help it along lol
Old 01-18-2010, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat. Upgrades are really the luck of the draw. Latitudes members are typically given priority (although not always)...and, that said, I have more than 10 NCL cruises and have never been upgraded. NCL will occasionally offer upsells, where a higher category cabin can be had for an additional cost. But, it's less likely if you have three in your cabin as another triple would have to become available.

Did you book a specific cabin # (don't provide it here) or what they call a guarantee?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM

With Carnival our pvp calls us a couple weeks before the cruise and offers upgrades. I have not had this with NCL. But we booked with a T/A maybe that is the differance?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:39 PM

There should be no difference in upgrades whether booked through a TA. If you're booked in a "guarantee" then the cruise line assigns the cabin, not the TA.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:46 AM

I found that when I looked at prices on the NCL website, I would not get a decent upgrade however when I booked with a TA, I was able to upgrade from and interior cabin to an obstructed oceanview and it cost less so I'm not sure what to tell you. I think it depends on the TA company and their agreement with NCL.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:30 PM

I got alot better deal on my NCL cruise from a T/A. I don't know why but that is the way it was.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 PM

Thank you for the responses. I made a visit to my T/A and she called NCL for me (I email her weekly to find out about upgrades) Since I was in her office she phoned while I was there, and NCL told her that if you dont recieve an upgrade, you can go right to the front desk when you arrive on the ship. Sometimes if there are empty rooms they will upgrade you.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Maybe, but don't count on it. Keep in mind that the reservations reps of any cruise line are distinct from the shipboard personnel and can't really tell you about procedures determined onboard. Now, did you book a guarantee or do you have an assigned cabin? If you booked a guarantee (that is, you do not have a cabin number but are guaranteed a minimum category), you may have a shot at an upgrade. But, as I mentioned earlier, that can be difficult with three to a cabin. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd rather not see your cruise start off in a disappointing way.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:51 PM

I am not going to be disappointed if we dont get an up grade. There are 4 of us in the room also. We do have a cabin numer, but we never picked it the agent from NCL gave us the number when our T/A booked it for us. I do have it in my head that we wont get upgraded but I still hope lol. I just dont know how 4 people can fit in those rooms, but we will make do. Thank you for your input.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:17 AM

I'm so glad to hear that lil_princess975. I was so worried that you would be sad to not get upgraded. The only problem you'll run into with 4 in a room is getting ready since there's only one bathroom. Some have gone to the gym to take showers, then come back to dress. That will be when 4 seems like 100 in your room. Other than that, you'll just be there to sleep, and that won't be very much Hope y'all have a marvelous cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
ncl, upgrades