Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2004, 10:13 AM

I am cruising with NCL SEA this January, and wow, this doesn't sound good with the bad experience that "tim" had.
In the past, i have cruised with Royal Caribbean, and I had a great experience with that liner. So, I assume the service with NCL isn't gonna be the same? dining isn't great? What are the things that I can do to make this trip a more enjoyable one?
Thank you.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:49 PM

Hello everybody,

don't be worried because of one bad review. Every single ship receives devastating reviews from time to time - even the most luxurious ones. And then you don't know whether it actually was an objectively bad experience, or whether the reviewer was simply unwilling to give the ship a fair chance. I don't know how to judge the above review, and I guess you can't know that, either.

Hence my advice: Read as many reviews as possible and if the vast majority is negative, begin to worry. Pick the hints and tips from the various reviews, and prepare yourself for having a great time. Nothing is worse than embarking a ship with the feeling "this could be a bad experience" - it is much more likely that it will be a bad experience, then.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Banned

Raoul

Isn't it amazing that most negative comments are done by people that have only one post?

It seems as if they just want to get something for free so they complain and post negative stuff about a cruise line and then are never heard from again. They never contribute about a good exprience or give advise or do any other kind of participation.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:22 AM

RIDGID,

I couldn't agree more.

Sure, there are better products than "Norwegian Sea" - no doubt about that. But it's a good standard-market product, not luxurious, but also not a budget product. The ship is "old" by many people's standards (which vary greatly, by the way!), but you can most definitely have a great time.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-14-2004, 06:54 AM

I think you have named one of the issues when folks post negative reviews. I just got off the Brilliance of the Seas yesterday (superb cruise) and on one evening; this guy and his wife came into the Concierge Lounge during the evening. He was dressed in a pair of white shorts (completely inappropriate) and announces to everyone in the lounge waiting for second seating “be sure to take your chain saws to cut the fish”. He then grumbled something about the movement on the ship and clearly wanted to start a conversation about everything he thought was wrong.

I responded “What ship are you on?” as the food had been excellent, and there was little, if any discernable movement. I countered each one of his negative comments with a positive one and eventually he went away. I don’t think he liked me much, but then I really didn’t care for him either.

I believe some people cruise just so they can complain about the experience, no matter how good it is and others can have a great time, no matter how bad it is. I have cruised on the Norwegian Sea a good number of times and always had a great time. The itinerary is interesting and there is plenty of sunshine. You and your parents will have an excellent time, unless you let other people convince you not to. When someone starts complaining, don't listen and/or point out the positives.

Tom
Old 12-14-2004, 09:12 AM

Thank you both for your honesty. I have read many reviews since reading this one and have come to the conclusion that you have to go in with an open mind. No really knowing what to expect it should be what I make it. I'm sure my parents will have a great time. They have never been on a cruise so they really have nothing to compare it to. This will be a wonderful trip because that is what I am going to make it.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:33 AM

fishinjules,

that's the way to do it!

Have a great time, and don't forget to warn your parents that cruising is addictive!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-14-2004, 09:52 AM

we went to new england on the ncl sea in may of 2002 and we had a great time.I read a lot of bad things before we went also.Have a great time!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:36 PM

fishinjules, I really enjoy your attitude. I hope you will write a review when you return.

Tom
Old 12-15-2004, 07:05 AM
Banned

Tims wrote that they always ate in the buffet and not in the dining room but complained that the food was terrible. I asked why he did not eat in the dining room on Dec 11. There has not been a reply. If you read between the lines he more than likely didn't want to TIP the food service $3.50 per day and felt that if he ate buffets only he would have justification for doing so. Unhapppy people are unhappy for a reason and the only way to stay unhappy is to make other people miserable. As the saying goes misery loves company.

Don't worry, have a great cruise and be sure to let us know about your experience.

Closed Thread

Tags
10192004, bad, choose, complain, cruise, deck, experience, negative, norwegian, princess, reviews, room, sea, ship, side