Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2005, 02:37 PM

I didn't cruise on the "Seas" but I would have to back Tims based on my recent cruise on the "Dawn". I have only cruised one other time and it was with Princess. I can safely say that if I cruise again it will not be with NCL. I ate in both the buffet and the dining rooms. I wouldn't say the food was bad but compared to Princess, there is no comparision, quality, quantity and atmosphere was far superior on Princess.

Nickel and Dime you is an understatement. We traveled with our 6 and 2 year old who like to have juice before they go to bed and like Tims said, its free with breakfast but any other time it cost $1.75 (including their automatic 15% tip). You could go all the way to the Cafe and the coffee was free but if you would in the lounge and decided to have a coffee the charged you for it.

Entertainment wasn't bad but again I think that Princess was better and more refined and polished, every night was a big performance where on NCL only twice were big performances the other where magicians etc.

Leaving from NY and the 2 days at sea is a total waste. Anybody thinking of going to NY and doing that cruise don't. It takes till the 3rd morning before you can go out without a jacket. That Atlantic ocean stretch is extremely volitile and can be very rough. We had 41 foot waves and the trip before us had even bigger waves and actually blew an engine. Getting on and off the boat at NY was at least a 3 hour ordeal with nothing but frustrations.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:02 PM

We did enjoy the recent cruise on the "Sea". It was our first cruise and had read all the reviews so we were prepared. Not docking in Cancun was a hugh disappointment. It was the only sunny day and only Cancun and Cozumel have beaches. We then heard that the Sea doesn't stop in Cancun on a regular basis. Be sure and check this out before you go.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:03 PM

This has been true for years, and not just with NCL. The problem is, Cancun has a very shallow port entrance, and if the sea is at all rough, ships risk running aground on sandbars. The same thing happened to us when I was on the Sea in 1999, and I learned then that this is a common practice. In our case, the captain decided to head for Cozumel instead, so we spent a day and a half there, docking overnight. However, if the docks were full, we might not have been able to do that.

Closed Thread

Tags
10192004, bad, choose, complain, cruise, deck, experience, negative, norwegian, princess, reviews, room, sea, ship, side