Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:21 AM

So you got a full refund for the cruise you booked and you will get your next cruise at half price.

I understand you are out some airfare costs and the hotel and other expenses incurred while in Miami.

I don't think you'll recoup your hotel and Miami expenses. I guess in the end what you'll save on your next cruise will probably be what you paid for airfare so hopefully you'll come out even.

I know this is really frustrating and disappointing for you as you were looking forward to a vacation and now you have a headache. But try and look on the bright side, you got your money back for the cruise and when you book your next trip you only have to pay half. I hope you go somewhere fabulous and have a great time. Good luck!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I would submit the hotel expenses & any meals you paid as well additional airfare costs to the insurance ...all they can do is say NO.
It is worth a shot

You should keep all your documents together & make photo copies before sending in the original receipts to the insurance company.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
cannot find the page I printed out with the policy number on it,
Wendy, if you call NCL, they should be able to pull up your past reservation and tell you how to connect with BerkelyCare. You may need to just give BerkleyCare your cruise confirmation number; you may not need the insurance policy number itself.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Wendy, what happened when you called the insurance company? I read the policy and, frankly, it gave me a headache.

Also -- how is your friend's husband? I remember he had taken ill prior to departure.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:37 PM

hi, he was doing better so she was also going to make the cruise, but she got the tx message it was cancel so she didn't bother taking her flight to miami, lucky her! lol
I tried to firgure out the travel protection we took out, and all I am going to do is submit what it costed us for the extra days in miami and the flight to get back home and see were it goes from there. Wish me luck
Wendy
Old 12-03-2009, 06:47 PM

Hi Wendy.

Sorry to hear of all your troubles with NCL as well as the insurance company. However, I am glad to hear that this doesn't change your mind about cruising. It sounds like the incident the Dawn had was a rare incident, and for other members and passengers, they shouldn't let something like that change their mind about cruising.

I think as far as what NCL did, they did the right thing in refunding 100% of your original cruise, and a 50% discount off of a future cruise with them. Hopefully you'll find the time to use the credit, maybe next year?
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, card, changing, credit, dawn, find, full, insurance, location, ncl, protection, refund, reservation, review, reviews, travel