Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:11 PM

Hi all! I just found this website, whilst googling a forum to chat with other people about their cruises. My husband and I have a cruise booked on the Star going to Alaska in May for our anniversary (YAY!). It's been 3 years since our last cruise and we are soooo ready to go.

We managed to get a reeaaaalllly good deal on our cruise, and because of the substantial savings, our pocketbooks allowed us to upgrade ourselves from the oceanview (porthole category) we can usually afford, to a BA category balcony! We're ecstatic about it! We booked ourselves in a balcony on deck 10 of the Star, at the very aft of the ship.

We had heard that a balcony in this location (Aft) was wonderful, but that was word of mouth from someone who had heard it from a friend who was in one. Lol, so just curious if anyone has traveled on (ANY) cruise in a balcony cabin at the very aft... would LOVE to hear your input and what you thought about it! Is it better/worse than a port/starboard balcony??? Especially considering its Alaska we're talking about (fingers crossed for LOTS of wildlife and glaciers!)

Cheers! - Kris
Old 12-30-2009, 09:13 PM
You will Love Alaska..I'm going in May for the 4th time...I will be on the Pearl....I've never had an aft cabin so I can't speak about it, but you will be able to see both sides of the inside passage at the same time:-)....I would suggest taking the White Pass Railroad trip in Skagway.....Of all my cruises, I've liked Alaska the best.....Have a wonderful time....

Bob E
Old 12-31-2009, 04:08 AM
I book my cruises out as far as I can, like a year and half just to get a Cabin in the Aft.
I have not sail on the Star but the Aft Cabins I have had on Celebrity were awesome, so I think you did great. Berick1234 is correct your view will be awesome as well. Have a wonderful cruise and ALASKA will be fabulous, one of my favorites.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 12-31-2009, 08:43 AM

We did the Alaska cruise on the Pearl in May of this year, it was great. The weather was sunny and quite warm. The spa package was great, only the Star does not have quite the same set up for the spa. We also took a tour in Skagway up the pass, by road, we just walked past the Eagle’s hall (Broadway & 6th) and noticed the tour, they also have a live show regarding "Soapy Smith"
Old 12-31-2009, 02:54 PM
I do the same as janfred: I usually book the day bookings open just to get the aft cabins I like.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:18 PM
kvlistva-

Welcome Aboard to Cruise-chat.com, the absolute best place to be when you are away from a ship and stuck "on the beach"...and Happy New Year to boot!!! You will absolutely adore the Aft Balcony Cabins...the view at night is unforgetable and perfectly romantic...the view at sea during daylight hours is a memory that will remain in your heart and soul the rest of your life.

Like janfred and f-mattox I also book a year and a half in advance to get an Aft Balcony!!!

May you visit us often and may you cruise with us every chance you get!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, alaska, alaskan, balcony, cruise, cruises, forward, located, location, pearl, place, port, review, reviews, ship, starboard, view