Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2005, 06:30 AM

We have just booked on the Star for 06! Mexican itinerary, we have booked an AF grade minisuite, having had a balcony with cunard last year i wondered how it compares? Does the concierge service extend to the minisuites, what would be included if this is the case?
Is the food on the ship really up to much?
and, travelling with young child, 7, how is it for kids?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:30 AM

We have just booked on the Star for 06! Mexican itinerary, we have booked an AF grade minisuite, having had a balcony with cunard last year i wondered how it compares? Does the concierge service extend to the minisuites, what would be included if this is the case?
Is the food on the ship really up to much?
and, travelling with young child, 7, how is it for kids?
Old 01-10-2005, 07:38 AM

I haven't sailed in a mini suite, but suspect that it will meet your expectations. I would opt for the alternative restaurants rather than the traditional dining. I had a group n theStar in Alaska and did a thorough review of her (as did Nancy Norris) that you can find on the Norwegian Star Hoe Page.

You child will have a wonderful time as there is tons of spac committed to children on the Star. It is a great choice for families and I believe you will have a great cruise. Be sur to sghare your experiences when you return by writing a review.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 01-10-2005, 10:01 AM

Thanks tom, It seems such a long way off at the moment so any info i can get is useful.
Also staying 2 nights pre cruise in LA, i am from UK and never been to LA, any recommendations appreciated.

Rosey
Old 01-10-2005, 02:01 PM

Ummm, being born and raised in LA, I would suggest staying in San Diego or Orange County rather than LA. This may offend some, but while LA can be very enjoyable, it is huge and very confusing. You can fly into San Diego (SAN) or Orange County (SNA) and have a great time in the beach communitys, theme parks, shopping or whatever you want to do, and then make your way to the cruise terminal to catch your cruise. That would be my suggestion, unless you have something specific you want to see n LA.

Tom
Old 01-11-2005, 01:38 AM

Rosey,

I will have to agree with Tom that San Diego and Orange County are indeed very nice and much more so then LA.

As to giving recommendations, that is virtually impossible, as there is so much to see in LA. Two things I would, however, always suggest - if you are an ocean liner enthusiast - is to visit the "Queen Mary", which is docked in Long Beach. Also, from Griffith Observatory you have a most spectacular nighttime view of LA.

That being said, I really found both San Diego and San Francisco far more attractive than LA.

And in regards to your original question, I stayed in a Cat. AF minisuite onboard "Norwegian Star" during a one-night pre-inaugural event in 2001. It was a very nice cabin, but I cannot comment on the service as there was none offered on that occasion (no room service etc.).

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-12-2005, 01:44 AM

Thanks for info, Ive not been to West Coast of US before, but our son is BIG Queen Mary enthusiast, even before we sailed on QM2, all he ever goes no about is the 'original queen mary' which for a 6 year old always provides amusement, so, i guess we'll be heading there if its easy to get to, im not sure which part we are staying in yet or which hotel, will post somwthing later if i find out.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:30 AM

Rosey,

it is of course also possible to stay onboard "Queen Mary", as she is also a hotel these days. I haven't done this, but I imagine staying in one of this legendary liners' staterooms must be very special, indeed.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-12-2005, 09:35 AM

I have stayed on the Queen Mary and would highly recommend it. Your son would have a great time.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
af, cat, concierge, included, mini, minisuite, ncl, norwegian, norweigan, review, reviews, service, ship, star, suite