Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 06:41 PM

Hi all!

We're sailing on the Norweigian Spirit in April. We've got 4 in our cabin already (two adults, a 6 year old and a 2 year old) and we've got one more person who would like to go. I've heard that NCL allows 5 per cabin in some instances. Of course, they're closed right now, so I can't get them on the line.

Anyone here got experience with having more than 4 in a cabin?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
What size cabin are you in?.....unless it's a penthouse or owners suite, 5 people is really pushing it especially with 2 little ones.....With all the luggage and things, stroller, etc, it will be tight....ajoining rooms might be the way to go....You don't want to wreck a cruise by being cramped...Happy cruising...

Bob E
Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 PM

Most standard cabins inside outside and balcony only hold 4 people. There are family cabins but they are much more expensive in price and can hold a larger number of people. Check out the plans for your ship. I think the only time you can fit 5 people into a cabin is when there is a baby and other people and the baby will fit into the pack and play crib. But that will make for a tight squeeze. I am thinking back to my balcony cabin on Jewel last fall and there was a double sofa bed and two twin beds. There would not even have been room in that balcony cabin for a crib. You should talk to cruise line and see how they can accommodate you but I am pretty sure you will need a much larger room or a family cabin - or two interconnecting cabins - pricy pricy.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Hi Viva, and welcome to cruise-chat.com.

The advice you've gotten about checking with the cruise line, or a travel agent, is good. One other issue is maximum capacity of the lifeboats assigned to each cabin. It's been a while since your post -- please update us as to what's happened since.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Banned

Agree with Bob E.......5 in the cabin seems like a real tight fit. Not sure if NCL even allows it. Does anybody know?
Old 04-11-2009, 06:10 PM

Viva,
When are you going in April? You must be on the same cruise as us. We're going the 19th. Happy Sailing, Debbie
Old 04-13-2009, 08:22 AM

Hi GI Jane, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Hope you have a marvelous cruise, it won't be long now. Bon Voyage

Closed Thread