Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: I am trying to find a cruise for my boyfriend and I, along with his parents and brother. I would l
Pride of Aloha 2 50.00%
Pride of America 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Banned

Thhere are no reviews presently on the Pride of Hawaii, as it's still being built at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany.

Here's a web cam updated weekly at Meyer Werft.
http://www.meyerwerft.de/main.asp?what=yard&id=1221
Old 01-22-2006, 12:33 AM

I have been meaning to write and tell all who replied that we picked and really loved the Pride of America.
***Only complaint was dinner and lunch would sometimes take too long if we went to sit down restaurants, but the food was good. It seemed like the different courses of the meal never synched and there were a few times we were forgot about- we left twice without dessert b/c we just wanted to do more than sit at our table for 2 hours. I personally think an hour and a half sitting inside for lunch on a beautiful day is too long, even if it a nice meal. They ran out of towels once, but it was b/c people were taking 2 per person and leaving them behind in chairs all over the place. (So rude!) I wasn't entirely impressed with the NCL luau in Maui. The MC is the best I've seen, but the Mai Tais and Blue Hawaii drinks had no alcohol. What a bummer. We had about 10 and absolutely no buzz whatsoever. So much for having a sober driver. The dessert was better than the buffet at the luau, as well. There are far better luaus on Maui and I recommend that you book one without NCL help. Again though- serious props to the luau host, he made me forget about my watered down cocktails. (Oh- FYI, if you book excursions online before the cruise, make sure that they are processed. That happended with this luau and we didn't know until 30 minutes before leaving. We just called the excursion desk and they fixed it right away.)
Other than that, we loved the staff, loved the excursions, loved the food (wow- the dessert! I gained 7lbs!), and loved the ship. The bartenders made fabulous drinks, which is a plus in my book! I even loved my small room! Our steward was perfect and went the extra mile every day. Made cute little animals out of our towels for me- stuff like that.
I was very impressed and would cruise on Pride of America again. You will feel the Aloha as soon as check-in! We are actually trying to get a cruise in before we move from Hawaii to the mainland by the end of March, so maybe we'll try Pride of Aloha next! Thanks for everyone who helped!
Old 01-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Banned

Sounds like you had a great trip.
Thanks for the tip about the luau.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:23 AM

I just booked some friends and ourselves on the new Pride of Hawaii for the end of this year. We sailed Hawaii twice on the late great American Hawaii line, and had a great time. I am confident that our POH cruise will be a great experience too.

Sandy
Old 02-04-2006, 11:34 PM

Just got back from the POAM. Loved the ship. It was beautiful. Food for breakfast was fine. We did have a problem with dinner in the dining room. The food wasn`t good. Don`t order the lobster, it is awful. Smells strong and old, and is tiny anyway. They called Baked alaska a pancake with a scoop of icecream and whip cream on top. Met people from the POA in Honolulu and they said the same things about the food and service that we did. Service was slow. Thank goodness we got a good cabin attendant. We saw the lave flow also and it was impressive. We went to see Hawaii, more than anything else, so we weren`t dissapointed. We loved the Luau! Of course, one drink was enough for us, and we didn`t care if it didn`t have much or any alcohol in it. We did our own tours otherwise. We just walked off past the ship`s buses, and found people holding up signs, advertising their own tours. Cost less than half of what the ship charged. In Kona, there was no one holding signs, but all you had to do was walk down the street and tourist spots were everywhere. We were a group of 6, and the driver would take us where we wanted to go and stop when we wanted too. I hope they improve the service and the food! If they do we will be back.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hawaii, hawaiin, honolulu, ncl, reviews