Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: I am trying to find a cruise for my boyfriend and I, along with his parents and brother. I would l
Pride of Aloha 2 50.00%
Pride of America 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2005, 07:07 PM

Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 PM

WHY NOT JUST CHOOSE ANOTHER CRUISE LINE?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:13 PM

We live in Honolulu, and as far as I can see NCL is the charter that leaves from Oahu.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Banned

Both ships you have listed have mostly American crews on board. While I believe NCL America will eventually find great American crews, passenger reviews to date indicate there are many bad apples on board. But many passengers have also reported some great crew members amongst the bad.

Let's hope you find the few great crew members are serving you and your cabin. As for which ship to cruise on, it's a "toss up" to date. I suggest picking the ship with the best departure date, and the best itinerary for you.

Both ships, for example, do not sail pass the large volcano on the big island. So check the ship's itinerary to help answer your choice.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:38 PM

actually, the pride of aloha does sail thru the volcano on wednesday nights and stops for an hour and does a 260 degree to give the chance for all to see.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:31 AM

I personally always like the newer vessels (that's just me), so I'd pick the America.

Had clients return this past Monday, and had my fingers crossed listening to their review of the cruise overall. Had a PERFECT vacation. Will recommend the ship to anyone. Their comments were that NCL obviously spent alot of time and money working out the kinks because they didn't encounter one flaw as they expected from some of the reviews they were reading beforehand.

And if you're talking this year, I think the Aloha sails RT from Maui over Thanksgiving doesn't it?? Not sure.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:51 AM

My wife had a group on the Pride of Aloha and wrote a MEGA review of it that you can read at:

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Norwegi...eofAloha33.htm

Her overall experience was excellent and she is a very experienced cruiser.

Tom
Old 10-27-2005, 08:51 PM

the pride of Aloha is in Maui on fridays and overnight till saturday afternoon. it in hilo if i'm not mistaking.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:56 AM

You have to be your own judge. However, if you are going for the cruise ship experience, choose a different ship. If you are going for Hawaii, look past the many small nuainces and explore Hawaii by vehicle when off of the boat.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:52 PM

Hi. I have done a lot of homework on the NCL ships as I was going to sail from Honolulu December 2006. The newest of NCL's ship called "The Pride of Hawaii sets sail out of port June 2006, if I were you I would look at the reviews on her on Google This was the ship I was going on but changed to sail the Caribbean on Celebrity. Have a brilliant time and let me know what the ship is like if you sail her as it may still be an option for the future.
Regards
Lorraine

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hawaii, hawaiin, honolulu, ncl, reviews