Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2007, 09:28 AM

Trip from New Orleans

The good points :

The ship is very nice and luxurious, large room, excellent food, good choice of restaurants, fantastic evening shows, everyone that work on board was very good except from the ladie that make (speciality) restaurant booking and the one that work at Internet.

The bad points :

WHY STOP in such lousy place like Costa Maya... What a terrible place ! I went for snorkling, it was nice but the village next to Costa Maya is so dirty, full of trash on the street and beachs (Costa Maya is NOT a village, it's only a shoping area with a terrible rocky beach). Why travel 1000 miles from New Orleans on a boat to see that !!! I even found plastic bags in the water when snorkling 1 mile from the coast! There is not much to do. If you want to visit the large ruins it will take you 2 1/2 hours to get there, each way ! Buy your excursion when you arrive at Costa Maya, it will be about 60% cheaper ! Costa Maya is ONLY a tourist trap with a Mayor that doesn't take care of is village and tourist, what a shame... If you like to shop and by a few thing it's ok, but THAT'S IT. What I like is to see is very nice beachs (clean) with a nice village. Cozumel is an other tourist trap... Not very intersting, there is a lot of better place to go. I am extremly desaspointed with these stops. I went 12 times to Cuba, the South Pacific, South East Asia... this got to be the worst ever !

Also on this cruise, 98% of Southern American... that will look at you very strangely if you are from abroad and don't speak english, I am sorry to say that but this is how we felt. Not the best place to meet people. If you are a young single pease make yourself a great favor DON'T GO on this cruise, only couple and average age is 35 - 50 yo (thank god I was with my wife on that cruise).

Next time I will choose better where are the stop over and if there is people from all over (American, European, Asian, Canadian...)

Please find bellow our pictures from the great Costa Maya...

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, january, line, norwegian, reviews, shoping