Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2006, 04:59 AM

Hi Tina,

The B'day voucher turned up on the door of our cabin a couple of days before my birthday telling me to present it to the maitre d' at the restaurant. Of course, I had given my date of birth during the reservation process but I wasn't really expecting any fuss. A message appeared on the TV that morning which was a nice touch. There was someone else celebrating her birthday that night in the restaurant and she had a cake with candles etc, so when I got nothing, it did seem odd. I wasn't really bothered though, and I certainly did not want to mention it to the staff. I can assure you, my first mate took good care of me

I would have liked to try ziplining myself, but the first mate suffers a bit from vertigo and we didn't want to risk it. As far as I am aware, it is not a dangerous activity but you need to have a head for heights. Let me know how you liked it.

I was talking to someone on one of the excursions about wanting to go to Molokini and another guest mentioned that it was not that special for seeing nice fish. He mentioned that there were better places (I think somewhere off the coast of Kona was his top tip) but we never got round to that. Molokini looks so spectacular because it is so obviously the edge of a volcanic crater! Of course, you can't do it all in one trip so there will always be a reason to return.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:38 AM

Thanks for the input Cap't. And YES, I'm sure the first mate took VERY good care of you (wink wink). As far as Molokini I think I'll put a note out there asking for everyone's favorite snorkeling spot?? I think we picked Molokini mainly due to the beauty of the volano crater. But the whole idea IS to see the fish. Thank you again you are soooo helpful. 19 days and counting......Tina

Closed Thread