Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 AM

I received some cruise brochures for the Jewel out of Europe in 2007. The ports of call sound great and are places that I have wbeen dying to see. Anyway, if we did decide to book (one in particular is a 12 day cruise to Turkey, Italy, etc) we would be bringing my (at the time) 5 YO twin boys with us. Has anyone brought children with them on a European cruise? They have been on the Jewel before to the carribean and absolutely LOVED the kids program. But I wonder if there would be any other kids for them to play with and if the itinerary would be too much for them. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your advice!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:52 AM

Hi Joe
i think you can answer the question yourself. you know your kids better than anyone else so i don't know if the trip would be too much for them.
they are twins, who else do they need to play with? just kidding, i am sure there are other kids on the ship.

i think the decision is all on your side, whether or not you want to take along two 5 year olds, who might or might not (again you have to know that) are driving you crazy once they are away from home or a familiar surrounding for a longer period of time.

whatever you do, cruising the Med is definitely a nice thing! beautiful places to see and visit.
i don't have kids, but i could imagine, traveling that far with two 5 year olds could put some stress on you and your wife. (again you know your kids, I don't).

Smooth sailing Joe
Philipp
Old 09-14-2006, 07:00 AM

Philipp is right, only you know your children. Personally, I wouldn't take children that young on a European cruise. Days in port are likely to be long and filled with the type of sightseeing that will bore small children. Again, my personal opinion, but I would hesitate to leave children that small in the kids' program all day long while I went out to visit the ports and sightsee without them - if you are even allowed to do that. And if you can't spend the time to visit the ports and main cities - and enjoy it, what is the point of going that far? My advice: wait until the children are at least 9 or 10 years old, and then, if they have an interest in it, go to Europe. Lots of cruises and other vacations closer to home that will be of interest to both adults and young children.

Closed Thread

Tags
bringing, europe, kids