Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:58 PM

will it matter if the middle name is wrong on our edocs then what it is on the passport, is this something I should get corrected before we leave or is it no big deal?
Thanks wendy
Old 02-26-2008, 05:52 AM
I would get it corrected before leaving...You certainly wouldn't want to get to the ship and not be allowed to board....Security has gotten so tight these days, I wouldn't chance it....

Bob E
Old 02-26-2008, 06:06 AM

It is very unusual to even have a middle name on the cruise docs. Usually they are only concerned about the last name and first name. Even with the first and last name they are lenient if the error is only one letter. Is the whole middle name incorrect or is it one letter? IE: Jacquelyn vs Jaquelyn? As Berick says security is getting so tight. So I would call the cruise line or have your TA call the cruise line and ask the question, just to be on the safe side. Make sure you get the name of the person you speak to. Write it down on your docs.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:24 PM

I don't know about the tickets, but I was marked as a male instead of female on my passport, and had to expediate a correction for it. What a hassle! This was for my last cruise. And by the way, no one ever paid attention to the female/male thing.

MamaofEnS
Carnival Ecstasy June 2002
Carnival Elation August 2000
Celebrity Century June 1998
Carnival Carnivale August 1993

Old 02-26-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't know about NCL, but Princess and HAL are very explicit in their pre-cruise information about being sure the name on your cruise documents exactly matches the name on your passport. And also that your passport is valid for at least six months after your return.

I wouldn't take any chances--get it corrected. You wouldn't want a little snag like that to delay your boarding--or worse.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:14 PM

My husband's last name was spelled wrong on his ticket for the Carnival Celebration. The gh was hg. I called to make sure it was ok, and my vacation planner said no it was not ok. He had to redo the tickets and I had to print them off line. So, I would check.
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

You would probably not be surprised at how often my middle name is mis-spelled; "Hauter"
Old 02-28-2008, 04:24 PM

I'm as puzzled as CruiseFanatic on how your middle name got there in the first place. The booking engines used by most agencies have no spot for middle names, initials, Jr/Sr or anything but first and last names. What they will check at the pier on your booking and passport is for a match of first, last and DOB. Nothing else is needed. For a long time when there was a one or two letter typo on a doccument (edoc or otherwise) the cruiseline would say, "No big deal, take a ballpoint pen and change it". That has all changed. It needs to match now, even down to the letter. They probably wouldn't deny boarding if it were off by transposed letters in the name or a missing letter but they can. I just wouldn't take any chances. Some lines charge a doc change fee (usually $50.) to fix it, some don't. When you book, don't even bother with middle names, even if they're on your passpot. But be sure first and last are accurate.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-28-2008, 05:37 PM

I called ncl and they said oh yes it matters lol so they changed it and told me to reprint the edocs in like 48 hours with the correct change which I have done, was really confused about the edocs cause they don't look like much of anything so I called them and they told me the page that saids cruise ticket is the edocs so printed those off and now I think I'm all set I'm pre reg. and have the edocs and now just counting down the days hehehehe
Wendy
Old 02-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Glad to hear it worked out. Thankfully, it was the name on the e-docs, not your passport, that was incorrect--a much easier (and quicker) fix..

Closed Thread

Tags
citation, cruise, documents, incorrect, information, letter, matter, middle, ncl, passport, passports, spelled, ticket, tickets, wrong