Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 01:55 PM

Thank you Richard & Mary.... We just returned from our 1st cruise, I wouldn't want it any other way!! We stayed away from cruising because we couldn't conform to the 'dress'policy - we work for a living. And to be quite honest - I went on a cruise with my hubby - not 6 other people I'm stuck eating every dinner with... We loved the casual - 'eat when you want' deal. Hubby is a chef - he appreciates all the work that goes into a buffet - we had NO problems with food - hot, cold, over-cooked - never a problem. When we did want to be in a lavash room we made a reservation or just showed up - once again NEVER a problem!
Make it your cruise - not someone elses - some people are never happy.... We loved the Spirit and NCL!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey pal,
you just did your cause more harm than good by what you just did. Do you really think anybody is going to be sympathetic to some jerk who hyjacks a whole forum?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned

I strongly feel that the moderator of this forum needs to delete or remove the post by Alex, Boycotting NCL. He gives no factual evidence only commentary, and the post is not under the subject of "What is Freestyle Cruising" His text is slanderous to NCL without specific references for his text.

These types of posts are unwarranted and this is the wrong forum for environmental radicals. His text needs to be under Greenpeace or other forums that address environmental issues. In addition, his comments can not be confirmed without further information or specific references.

In addition, he has posted his message in other topics under NCL Corporation that does not apply to the topic matter. His intent is to defame NCL, and deter potential passengers from booking cruises on NCL ships.

These types of posts should not be allowed and should be quickly removed.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned

While I don't care for the content of the NCL boycott post, getting your collective panties in a wad over the post isn't worth your time. Like a tv show or movie you don't care to watch, change the channel or don't go (I realize the post has nothing to do with the existing thread). In this case, read a line, realize it's not pertinent to what is being discussed, and move on. I would be remiss if I didn't mention, however, that if there is any truth to the post, and I know I'm setting myself up for daggers from everyone, I dare say it is far more important than every thread on this site, with the exception of greyson's prayer request.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:26 AM

It is the ONLY way to go!!!You are "free" to have dinner in any of 10+ dining rooms, at whatever time you want, and with whomever you want. No regimented seating at the same time in the same place every day. Dress is "resort casual", but there is at least one "formal night"...optional. If you are going on a cruise to relax and not worry about packing tons of dressy stuff, this is the ticket!!! The tip is included in your general bill, so you do not have to tip a bunch of people. NCL is the only line that does this on all ships. Princess is experimenting, but does not do it well.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:34 AM

Freestyle dining on the Dawn was the worst cruise experience. The service was horrible and the use of the word horrible is most generous. We experienced waiters that did not know what grated cheese for pasta. Then when I explained what I was looking for he showed up with cheese that looked like it was sitting in the sun all afternoon. Another wiater brought veggies to the table which looked as if they were the discard from other tables. We showed it to the person in charge and all that person did was apologize and shake there head. First time I was on a cruise which I could not wait for it to end.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
NCL is the only line that does this on all ships.
Wrong! Regent and Seabourn (just to mention two cruise lines) do.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
While I don't care for the content of the NCL boycott post, getting your collective panties in a wad over the post isn't worth your time. Like a tv show or movie you don't care to watch, change the channel or don't go (I realize the post has nothing to do with the existing thread). In this case, read a line, realize it's not pertinent to what is being discussed, and move on. I would be remiss if I didn't mention, however, that if there is any truth to the post, and I know I'm setting myself up for daggers from everyone, I dare say it is far more important than every thread on this site, with the exception of greyson's prayer request.
I know, but it sure was fun to see our buddy get his licks in! I have to side with the Man from Costa Mesa a bit because it is as obnoxious as the oddball who puts everything in caps. I admire your tolerance on this one but I have to admit I am a bit bunched up over this yahoo who disrespects the good natured people of the forum to make a highly passionate atomic nutcase out of himself.

Raoul might be secretly saying, "Yea, you tell them, Alex." but since Dave is at sea, he probably doesn't want to take the time to deal with something that will probably self-correct.

From my dog's point of view, it might be a bit like seeing another dog peeing in her yard.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

Cheffy, you're far too gentle when disagreeing with me as I spout off on the relative importance between what may be (and I stress the word "may" as opposed to using the word "is") an environmental issue and whether I should choose the traditional dining or freestyle dining option. In fact, I'm not sure we're actually disagreeing on principle.

'Ol Alex is definitely passionate about his issue with NCL, and as is the case with many passionate people, sometimes it's overdone. I guess I'm just going to continue taking the....dare I say it.....laissez faire approach.

And yes, the Man from Costa Mesa did get a pretty good shot on 'Ol Alex!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

laissez faire approach.
Did you have to look that up or does your expertise in "vin rouge" help you?

No we are not in disagreement. (As you said,) We don't even know from any rational perspective if that stuff is true. I think it was all about the way the message was disseminated. Environmental factors? Sure they should be considered by who ever it is who needs to do that.

I can do freestyle dining...I am free to dine for the next six nights at 8:00 pm. I will freely request my server from the previous night and will also tip freely. There is your freestyle. Is that overly-redundant?

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, crown, cruise, cruising, define, definition, dining, dinning, freestyle, pictures, princess, reviews, ships, small, triumph