Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
Actually, the second amendment doesn't make the distinction that the right to bear arms is dependent on ones participation or lack thereof as part of a militia.
At the risk of getting too far off the subject...I would only respond as follows:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

This is one sentence, not two. And if by "militia" they mean civilians, not servicemenbers, then why would they need to be "well regulated"?

And for that matter, who'd be regulating them? The NRA?

Then again maybe I didn't pay enough attention in English class...
Old 03-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Banned

NCL for life, freestyle baby!!!!! Throw alex overboard!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

[quote]Originally posted by Alex79818:
Quote:
OAt the risk of getting too far off the subject...I would only respond as follows:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
This is one sentence, not two. And if by "militia" they mean civilians, not servicemenbers, then why would they need to be "well regulated"?
Then again maybe I didn't pay enough attention in English class...
Let's keep politics of these forums please.
Yes, it's all in one sentence, but there are two distinct clauses, each could be a sentence alone.
The difference between a well regulated militia or not, is one is a posse lead by the sheriff, the other is a lynch mob.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:47 AM

Alex, I am disappointed in you. You did not keep your promise not to post. Or was there two clauses in that sentence?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex79818:

PS. Don't care much for the NRA. Just a bunch of drunk hillbillies carrying weapons for no reason. Why don't you try reading the entire second ammendment? If you did, you'd find that the founding fathers intended only those with the cojones to fight for their country to carry weapons. So if you like I can introduce you to my reserve recruiter. I hear they raised the enlistment age so you'd probably get in. Just watch out for the landing when you get shipped downrange.
I am not going to allow you to drag me into a battle over the 2nd Amendment with your gratuitous insults. As Ron said - this is a cruise forum and not one for political junk.

By the way - I spent 10 years on active duty - 4 in the Marines and 6 in the Navy. Therefore I do not need your snide little comments about my joining the reserves either. Perhaps you'd like to make fun of my other memberships. Let's see....I am a founding member of Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 511. I am a life member of VFW Post 4765, and a past post commander. And I also belong to the American Legion. Care to ridicule these organizations too?

And as for calling me "comrad" - I assume you meant "comrade" in a communist sense. This is quite offensive to me. I am here to preserve order in this forum, and that means that members cannot run around here doing whatever they please. Sometimes I have to make a decision on what is okay and what isn't. And that is just the way it is. As I was once told by a grizzled old Master Sergeant - "you fail to understand, this is not a democracy". And those words hold true for this forum.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Administrator

And since this thread has been hijacked and veered from the original question, I will now close it.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
Raoul might be secretly saying, "Yea, you tell them, Alex." but since Dave is at sea, he probably doesn't want to take the time to deal with something that will probably self-correct.
Chef Ken,

usually a thread that has been closed by a fellow administrator will not be reopened, but I will have to temporarily do so to add a reply to your above accusations:

1.) I have repeatedly removed postings calling for boykotts and I will continue to do so.

2.) I have not been able to react to this whole matter earlier because I spent the last ten days (March 17th - March 27th) in hospital.

So, if you would like to present me with more accusations, please do so privately.

- closed again -

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, crown, cruise, cruising, define, definition, dining, dinning, freestyle, pictures, princess, reviews, ships, small, triumph