Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   Soft Drink Cards/NCL Spirit (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/8-soft-drink-cards-ncl-spirit.html)

jacquem 02-10-2009 02:10 PM

I am going on the NCL Spirit in March and was just wondering how much a soft drink pass is going to cost? Also, I saw some of you mention that it was okay to bring on sodas from ports, can I bring it on initially as well?

Also, has anyone else taken the exotic Western Carribbean aboard this ship? I have been on several other cruises before, just wondering what people thought of this one!

Thanks!

sparks1093 02-10-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Unlimited Fountain Soda
Includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water
The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.
Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity
and applicable taxes
Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program
$6.25/day
Welcome to cruise-chat! From NCL's website. For 12 year old and under it's 4.00. It is my understanding that you may bring soda aboard at embarkation.

LisaP 02-10-2009 04:18 PM

Here is a link to the Soda Program on NCL's Web site. As of now, it's $4.00 per day for kids 12 and younger, and $6.25 per day for pax 13 and over, plus 15% for gratuity on each. By "per day," they mean the number of days of the cruise. So, for a 7-night cruise, that would come to about $50 (plus whatever taxes they assess) for an adult.

I haven't been on this itinerary, although it looks great. Are there any ports that interest you more than others?

jacquem 02-10-2009 09:59 PM

Wow thanks for the help!

As for the ports, I have been to both of the Mexico ports so I am really excited about Belize and Guatemala. However, there does not appear to be much to do in Guatemala. The shore excursions are minimal, so I dont really know what to expect!

penny3333 02-11-2009 08:16 AM

Hi jacquem, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We did a great snorkel in Belize, they took us out to an incredible reef. Haven't been to Guatemala either, but if it's like Devil's Island, a tour of the area will be very interesting. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!

Boneman 02-20-2009 08:37 PM

We went on this cruise last March and loved it. The Spirit was a nice ship and the service and food were great. We took a city tour in Guatemala with a guy named Freddie. Look him up at the port. He was very personable and did a great job with his tour. Sorry we don't remember the name of the tour company, but you could probably ask around for a guy named Freddie. Everyone seemed to know him. Belize was beautiful. We took the river and Mayan Ruin tour. We would have liked a little more time to shop, but that took the whole day. Cozumel we took the Catamaran party snorkel and beach trip. We had a blast. We wished we were going again this year. You will have a great time. I don't recommend the soda cards unless you drink a whole lot of soda.