Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 08:52 AM

I hate to sound negative; I have cruised for a while, but I have never had such a bad experience as I had recently on this ship!
The ship was beautiful!! The crew not so much. They weren't friendly or helpful. I went to the Blue Lagoon--their ice machine isn't working. I'm trying to get ice, I actually had a crew member reach over me to get soda over the bar, while another one stood 6 ft away smiling. They were using a spoon to rub on the sensor to get ice, but didn't bother to help me.
That was a minor thing.......I tried for 3 days to get another washcloth in my cabin--even going so far as to go to the reception desk to see what I had to do so that I didn't have to share one with my husband! I finally found somebody in the hallway. That's another thing. I'm used to my room stewards coming around, introducing themselves, giving me a number where they can be reached, etc. I have no idea who took care of me. The cleaning wasn't all that good either, and I'm the type to clean before the maid comes!
The food left a lot to be desired also! The worst on any cruise I've ever gone on! I can't complain about weight gain on this one! The buffet was terrible and unorganized. The food was not hot, at times way overcooked and dry. There was no pazazz! Very disappointing because I like to try and experience new dishes, new flavors. Dining is one of my excursions; it's a cultural exchange. There were many times we couldn't find seating in the dining area and had to sit in the kiddie section! Cute and a great idea for children, but frustrating and uncomfortable for me!! Also, on other ships you have a beverage cart that goes around refilling your glasses while you eat. This one has only a cart to service those buying drinks! If you weren't paying, you weren't getting served. I found myself taking extra glasses of drink to the table or running back and forth to fill them. Not a relaxing experience at mealtime!
The only meal on that ship that I enjoyed was at the Salsa. It cost me around $37., but by then I was looking for something worth eating.
I found the Greek salad delivered by room service to be the best thing all week!
I've never experience tendering with a ticket either! First you had to stand in line to get a tender ticket--starting at 7:30 a.m., and then you had to stand up and down the stairs going to the gangway waiting for your number to be called! We got to Stirrup Cay around 10 a.m. and got tendered to the island around 11:45. I was in line for a tender ticket by 7:45, so it took me that long to get off of the ship! By the time we got to the island, it was lunchtime. Which reminds me---speaking of the food earlier. All of the bread---seemed never to be fresh. On a cruise is the only time I eat it because it's always so delicious, but not the case here. The buns were dry and falling apart.
I DO have positive things!! The entertainment was the best I have ever seen!! The singers and dancers were fantabulous.
Our excursions are another story! Whale watching was the scariest thing I have ever done! If you've ever seen Deadliest Catch, that will tell you the kind of waves we experienced! I am not exaggerating!!! There were people in my group actually barfing in their beach bags because they couldn't get to the side of the boat! I had before I cruise how the whale watching was supposed to go, and trust me, it didn't. The "captain" of our little boat, along with everybody else out there was actually chasing the whales! They would see one, and charge in that direction! At one point we almost collided with another boat out there! You never new where the whales were going to come up; I was afraid of running over one of them! There were baby whales out there also.
Snorkel at Coki Beach if you don't mind a small beach on the edge of tacky (trying to find words to describe). One person was saying it looked like Fred Sanford's yard with a beach in back! St. Thomas has beautiful beaches, this one does it no justice! Our driver was caught drinking beer and smoking marijuana; he was reported to the excursion desk. They were going to look into it because other cruisers experienced the pot.
Look for Doyle in Tortola!! He was our guide for the best of Tortola. He was a lot of fun; very informative. We saw beautiful scenery and the beach was wonderful!! Lunch was provided on this tour; it was very good!
No stamps on this ship, so make sure you get them where you're visiting!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:27 PM

Wow Cheryl, Sorry to hear your cruise wasn't up to your expectations. It truly sounds like a cruise written for fiction. As a matter of fact there was another person on this website that wrote a description of the NCL Dawn much like yours. And even more amazing the two of you happen to be from the same town. What would be the odds of that!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:49 AM
my wife and i also had the same problems on this ship.. where in winder do you live?,, we have just booked a 7 day ctuise on the carnival valor for oct 3..we have to get this one out of our system..we where going to make the cruise on the dawn the last one for awhile because of the obama depression but,we couldnt hold out that long with such a bad memory of this cruise.you always try to end on a good note.. and to the guru WOW,, What are the odds? people do when the lotto, i dont know what they are, so whats your point? Truth of the matter NCL suxs

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 AM

The odds of two people posting that live in the same town are small I agree but non zero. BUT two people posting from the SAME computer that DON'T know each other (or the same person in a pathetic attempt at posting a supporting bad review of their cruise) is ZERO.

You are allowed to have a bad cruise, it happens. But to continue to post diatribes about how bad your cruise was in hopes that you will get people to support your opinion or in someway harm the cruise line is infantile.

Learn how to capitalize and learn how to spell "sucks".

And lastly, posting under two accounts is against forum rules.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
we where going to make the cruise on the dawn the last one for awhile because of the obama depression
I didn't know the President is depressed. Wow that's a shame. How do you know? Are you his psychiatrist?

Sandy
Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Administrator

I guess Coki Beach only looks bad when you are on an NCL cruise. They clean it up when passengers from Carnival and RCI show up and keep the NCL people over in the junkyard section. Similarly, only the pothead drivers are assigned to NCL passengers. They do the above so people can assign blame to NCL in their rants about NCL cruises not being good.

Political comments (i.e. Obama depression) are against forum rules.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
well i can probably say that i am sure that the carnival drivers may smoke pot,but do they on the job?out in the open? All cruise lines tell you they hire these companies.so they should be told about the crap that the drivers are doing.dont you think?. I mean comeon everyone safty should come first.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Maybe it wasn't the drivers smoking pot.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Of course if someone is breaking the law the cruise line should be informed. My point is that the tour operator is accountable and not NCL, so it seems unfair to use this as another reason to bash NCL. That same driver probably took passengers from other cruise lines on the same tour a day after you left.

Yet for all the concerns, it seems you got in his vehicle again for the trip back. That means you were willing to risk your own safety rather than making an alternate plan to get back to the ship.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:06 AM

I have news for you—the cruise lines don't hire the taxi drivers. So, I don't know where you heard them tell you that they hire these companies, useless it is a ship excursion. What? did you get the same driver as Cheryl?

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, bes, cayman, cozumel, cruise, dawn, dwan, grand, marijuana, miami, negative, norwegian, port, reviews, roatan, smoking, thing, weed