Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Banned

This was the first cruise for the Dream sailing from Boston this year. There were many new crew members and many new staff ashore.
The first cruise from a new homeport can have problems as everyone learns their new jobs and the different shore side facilities.
But it shouldn't take long for a routine to establish itself.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:25 PM

Back from June 8 thru June 15 (BOS.BDA.). It was our 30th wedding anniversary. We had this trip booked since Oct 07. Keep in mind that both the wife and I are disabled and walk with canes.
Day 1: Not able to use elevator closest to our cabin (CC9016-deck 9). Had to walk to the other end of ship then back (they used all three elevator banks for luggage fwd/mid). A/C not working properly.
Day 2: Called desk 11:00 AM for water and extra pillow three times. At 6:00 PM we got three towels. Personally went down to desk (deck 7) for those requests and finaly got what I asked for. 7:00 PM: was asked to wear pants at the Four Seasons (so much for "Free Style").
Day 3: Breakfast came to our room too early and wake up call came too late (yes we set our watches forward).
Day 4: Rope ladder hung in front of our window for maintenance from 2:30 PM until 9:00 PM (so much for privacy and view.
Day 5: 8:15 AM wake up call. Rope ladder slapping against the window (more maintenance).
Day 7: 1:00 PM: Ate at Four Seasons and ordered the Thai shrimp bisque. Hmm, what's this in my mouth? A piece of shrimp tail? NO, it was one of those pincher type bugs. No free drinks and nothing off the ships bill even though I asked and went down to the desk (cashiers) and asked for money off the bill.
The highlight of our trip was the Sunset Glass Bottom Boat,Ultimate Bermuda Triangle Tour and of course the Swizzle Inn. That said, If you haven't booked. Don't do it. Yes we are Latitude members who have sailed on the Majesty several times and loved it. I'm not buying into the line that it's a new crew blah,blah,blah. The Dream is only here for this summer and next summer then, it's bye bye. They don't care period. I just feel bad for the people of St. George (and Burmuda as a whole) as this will have a huge impact on their economy. If you haven't heard, NCL is selling out on the small ships that go to Bermuda and going MEGA size which are unable to get though the "cut" of St. George and shallows of Hamilton. For those of you that have booked, I realy wish you my best. Sorry for being so long winded.
Mike
Old 06-18-2008, 02:24 PM

Mike, sorry to hear of all your troubles on your anniversary cruise, what a shame. Thanks for the post and the feedback.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-19-2008, 09:58 AM

Neil, That's not the end of it. I was just veiwing my online credit card account. I was billed $62.64 extra from what the bill we got at our stateroom. You know how you get your bill around four AM on Sunday morning right? Well the only thing we got that morning (Sun) was 3 pasteries and coffee. This order slip is made out the night before and suppose to be free servise. My wife joked and said they must have charged us for the bug We are still trying to call our credit card Co. and have the balance of $374.78 (with bug) taken off. That should get their attention Unfortunately our credit card Co.'s computers are down. I'll keep you all informed as to how we make out.
Mike
Old 06-20-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mike rivera:
I'm not buying into the line that it's a new crew blah,blah,blah. The Dream is only here for this summer and next summer then, it's bye bye. They don't care period. Mike
Mike, I hope that's not what's going on because if it is NCL needs to realize that their reputation is still on the line, even if this ship is being decommissioned. I was on the CTN in May and it was my first ever cruise. Fortunately for NCL I am a little more forgiving than others but from the feedback I've seen here and on other boards many cruisers have been completely turned off of NCL based on their experience on one cruise. I hope things work out for you.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-20-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sparks1093:
quote:
Originally posted by mike rivera:
I'm not buying into the line that it's a new crew blah,blah,blah. The Dream is only here for this summer and next summer then, it's bye bye. They don't care period. Mike
Mike, I hope that's not what's going on because if it is NCL needs to realize that their reputation is still on the line, even if this ship is being decommissioned. I was on the CTN in May and it was my first ever cruise. Fortunately for NCL I am a little more forgiving than others but from the feedback I've seen here and on other boards many cruisers have been completely turned off of NCL based on their experience on one cruise. I hope things work out for you.

sparks1093, This was our fourth cruise from Boston to Bermuda. The Majesty was excellent. The Dream, as I said, is only here for this season and next season. This is well known and weighs very heavely on the minds of every Bermudian. They even mentioned it on the two excursions we took. We took maybe 3 or 4 cabs (forgot after that last dark and stormy ) and the cabbies all had something to say about the economy going down the tubes after 2009. I realy do feel bad for those people. It truely is heartbreaking. It won't stop us from flying down there as most Bermudians are now promoting. One year we stayed at Groto Bay which is a hop skip and jump to our favorite place..the Swizzle Inn
Old 06-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Mike and sparks1093, thank you for providing your reviews of your cruises on N. Dream. As a longtime pax of N. Majesty, I agree that NCL needs to realize that there will be many disappointed pax who were used to the stellar service on N. Majesty.

And, welcome to cruise-chat.com!

To all, I had to put my review on the back burner due to some personal issues that needed my attention. I should be able to get to it in a couple of weeks.

LisaP
Old 06-24-2008, 05:56 PM

One thing I would like to point out is, if you have a problem with any billing issues don't expect to resolve them while onboard. I highly recommend keeping your receipts. As you all know everything goes onto your credit card. So, when you get home you can call your credit card company and dispute it, which is exactly what we are doing. Trust me, your billing disputes will fall on deaf ears while onboard AND off. The only way to get them to respond is to hit their pocket book.
Mike

Closed Thread

Tags
captain, clark, dream, massport, norwegian, reviews, ron