Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006, 02:32 AM
Banned

Can anyone tell me about this ship?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Banned

What specifically do you want to know about the Star?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Banned

Did the NCL Star on a repositioning cruise in 2006 from L.A. to VanCouver BC. Great ship, very beautiful, great resturants, great entertainment, and has all the nice stuff that you would find on any newer ship. Our cruise director however, Kiron Buffery, left NCL and is now with RCL, as cruise director on RCL Radiance of the Seas. He was great and made the activities very enjoyable, and was a great entertainer himself. He was an asset to NCL, and I am sure a great loss. But overall the Star was very nice, and I am sure that you will enjoy the voyage. Remember however, cruising is what you make it. It can be a blast or a real downer, depending on your expectations. I am a BIG believer in NCL and feel they offer an outstanding value for a cruising experience.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

NCL Pearl on Feb 2nd, 2007
NCL Pearl on May 20, 2007

Of course, we can"t wait and the excitement is building.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:04 PM

I just returned from the NCL star, Dec.16-24, what did you want to know, overall I was not happy with the additional charges on the ship and the short time spent on the ports of call. This is my 6th cruise and 2nd with NCL, I do not like the freestyle way of cruising and I would rather have some structure and order to my vacation. There were also 250 children on the ship making it a kiddy cruise which was very distasteful for me. The staff did not seem very experineced and unless you want to eat dinner at 5:30pm or you want to pay for a special resturant you are screwed to eat later and you will be waiting up to 45 min. The only good thing that happen was that we got a free upgrade, that I do not fill was free after the high charges for drinks and shore activities.

SSchicago
Old 01-17-2007, 11:00 PM

The NCL Star was disappointing. I just got home today from LA. We did an 8 day Mexican Riviera Cruise. The staff had a bad attitude, acted like it was a burden to ask for service or help. My parents had a suite and their butler and housekeeper were worthless for the money they had to put out for it. The food tasted cheap and gross. It took an hour and a half to disembark from the ship. The ship was very unorganized and the staff was very clueless. I will say that the entertainment was great, and was enjoyable. I went on Royal Carribean in '02 and it blew away NCL by a longshot. I will say that I will probably never sail with NCL again, I didn't feel like I got my monies worth. Travelers beware.

RougeWaves

Closed Thread

Tags
call, cruise, director, entertainment, ncl, reviews, roll, staff, star