Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2005, 07:21 AM

I was a guest on the NCL Sky (Southern Caribbean) in early 2003, and was fortunate to witness one of the most entertaining and impressive sleight-of-hand magicians I've ever seen. I was asked recently about this entertainer, and was wondering if anyone who is familiar with the entertainment itinerary of the vessel could give me the name of the performer.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:47 AM

I also was on a Southern Caribbean cruise in January 2003 on the NCL Sky. I found my old photo album and looked through the "daily newsletter" of the ship activities.

For the farewell variety show, it states "NCL is proud to present Joni Butler back to back withthe Magic and comedy magic of Jeff Moche." Not sure this is it...but might be..
Old 11-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Banned

Check out Jeff's web site:

http://www.jeffmagic.com/
Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 PM

Although it pains me greatly to say this, I'm guessing that the performer you are talking about might be Shawn Farquhar.

I'm not trying to disparage Jeff Moche, who is certainly a wonderfully funny and talented magician in his own right, but Mr. Farquhar was the regular magician doing that run at the time, being replaced by Jeff for several weeks of that season.

Respectfully,
The (Greatly)(Under)(Appreciated) Jeff Moche
Old 11-27-2005, 01:15 AM

I was pleased and amused to read Jeff Moche's repsonse to your request. It was either him or me as we shared the month of January. Jeff performed on the Sky and looked after our cool cabin...not a suite...but it was quite large.

If you're not sure drop by my site to see a picture or two or me, my wife and daughter...

Cheers,

Shawn "fan of Jeff Moche" Farquhar
http://www.magiChampion.com
Old 11-27-2005, 08:00 AM

Wow! Two professional responses to my request! It's... like magic!

Had I had the foresight to imagine that I would be contacted by such knowledgable and skilled performers, I would have stated my case more carefully and desperately - perhaps we could have held a magic conference on the message board!

Mr. Moche - I have visited and been thrilled by your website - so much so that I have requested that a few associates in the New York area attempt to catch a show, should you be doing one in the near future, and get an autograph or signed deck of cards or something to send back to me, as I am not in that area.

Mr. Farquhar:
Yours was the name that I was struggling to place with the face I had in my mind. I could only recall simple details - myself approaching after the show to purchase a CD from you with the last money I had brought with me on the ship, and being very pleased with my purchase, though I was out of cash. Unfortunately, I had lent the CD to my best friend in late 2003, who performed his on brand of magic on it by "making it disappear" more permanently than I had hoped.

Thank you both for your replies to my post. I shall be in contact with you both, if that's okay with you. I'd hate to grow rabbit ears or turn into a snail because one of you got an e-mail that you weren't expecting.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:12 PM

Hi zurielseven,

Thanks for the kind words that started this post. I am glad you liked the show and even happier that you spent your last cash on my CD Rom...I now have a DVD (not a commercial...just statement.

Look forward to your email ...

Cheers,

Shawn Farquhar
http://www.magiChampion.com

Closed Thread

Tags
magician, magicians, names, ncl, performer, show, sky