Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 12:02 AM

For those who cruised in Hawaii during whale season- did you see whales when you were just cruising around? (I mean not with excursions, but on the ship.)
Thanks- it will help us decide if we are willing to pay the hefty price of taking another Hawaiian cruise. We want to go soon, and the rates seem to be higher than what we thought they would be. I thought if you waited until the last minute you'd get good deals, but obviously I was wrong.
Thanks again!
Michelle
Old 01-22-2006, 08:27 AM

Michelle, cruise lines have changed the way they do business and now generally offer the best prices the further out you book. They used to find that dropping their prices close to sailing time made everyone book their cruise at the last minute, thereby throwing their yield management folks into a tizzy. Now, cruise lines with empty cabins will often offer upgrades to those already booked so that the rooms that are empty, and easiest to sell, are the least expensive no-window rooms in the least desirable places on the ship.

For those who book early, if the cruise line does have to drop the price of their category of room, they are usually either upgraded or offered a refund of the difference in price. Plus, booking early gives you the advantage of choosing the cabin category and location that you like, before the good cabins get sold out.

Sandy

Closed Thread