Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 AM

Don't ruin your cruise with negative thoughts. Let your travel agent do what they can for you and enjoy your cruise.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:33 AM

I have experienced the same problem too. My cabin dropped down for about $600. I already paid in full. We called our travel agent and they said they were not able to adjusted our price. However, they did updraded us to the next category (AG to AF). I don't really need the updrade because the room is the same and it is only a few room down the hallway on the same floor. But I do appreciate his willingness to help.So, if your cabin price dropped, do call them, may be you will get something back.

Sunset
Old 03-25-2009, 11:18 AM

Good idea Sunset. They may not be willing to give you a rebate, but they may be willing to give you a category upgrade instead. I agree with Penny on this though, ask your travel agent to request this and don't let it ruin your cruise.

We are going to continue to see more of this happening as the cruise lines try to reduce prices to fill their ships....
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 PM

In our case they would not "refund" the difference but did upgrade us from a BA to an AF mini suite which we were more than happy with. We started out reserving a BD, gradually made our way up to a BA, got several refunds due to price drops then after final payment, got the upgrade to an AF with no price increase.

02 - 05/18/2009 - NCL - Sky to the Bahamas
01 - 11/28/2008 - NCL - Star to Mexican Riveria (25th Anniversary cruise)

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cruisers2:
I will never cruise with NCL again. This put a bad taste in my mouth. I tried to cancel but they will keep $ 500. I wonder if this is legal? If I was purchasing something from any retailer and put a deposit down and found it advertised for $ 510 less within weeks, you better believe I would cancel my order!!!
You had already paid in full, not just the deposit. I don't know many retailers that will discount something that you bought weeks before when it goes on sale. If you want to take the chance and do a last minute booking for less money, then you wait. And a cancellation fee is perfectly legal. Read the fine print in the "contract" you sign when you purchase the cruise.

Need some cruise help?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:01 PM

Last April I paid $1,609 per person for a 15 night transatlantic. I paid my cruise in full 90 prior to the sail date. About 3 weeks prior to the sail date Royal Caribbean had a sale on balcony cabins for $749 per person. I called my travel agent and she got me the sale price. Royal Caribbean credited $1,720 to my account.

How do you know that is was NCL that wouldn't adjust the difference in price, and not a greedy travel agent that didn't want to lose the commission?

Sonny
Old 04-20-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
How do you know that is was NCL that wouldn't adjust the difference in price, and not a greedy travel agent that didn't want to lose the commission?
NCL is one of the cruise lines that will not lower the price nor give an onboard credit, if the price goes down. There have been several threads in this section discussing that issue.

Silversea is another such cruise line. There are several out there, just as there are a few that will offer compensation.

Sandy
Old 04-20-2009, 09:50 PM

Remind me never to book a cruise with NCL! At least not while other cruise lines are willing to work with you on some sort of compensation for a price fluctuation. I'm all for them keeping a deposit if I would cancel, but I'm siding with cruisers2 about the price drop. Sorry, but I didn't read the "fine print" about NCL's policy on this issue.

Sonny
Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 AM

I will probably not book the NCL again, at least not way agead of time. If I have to book early, I will hoose those cruise lines who are willing to adjust the prices in case it drops. This way I make sure I always get the best deal. In my opinion, NCL is penalizing the early booking customers.

Sunset68
Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sunset68:
I will probably not book the NCL again, at least not way agead of time. If I have to book early, I will hoose those cruise lines who are willing to adjust the prices in case it drops. This way I make sure I always get the best deal. In my opinion, NCL is penalizing the early booking customers. Sunset68
I'm going to disagree. Up to ~90 days before your cruise, whatever the final payment for your cruise is, you can cancel and rebook your cruise and take advantage of lowering fares. It's just in those last 90 days before your cruise where NCL is reluctant.
There's easily ~1,000 cabins on every NCL cruise ship. If ALL ~1000 cabins ask for just a measely $100 OBC to match lower fares initiate by NCL in an attempt to sail a ship full and on all 11 NCL ships; NCL losses $1.1 million that week, for an entire year the total losses would be over $57 million.
It's one idea to take a loss on the few remaining cabins left unbooked, it's another to take a much larger loss on every cabin. Other cruise lines have publicly advertised "Guarantee Lowest Prices" for early bookings, but not NCL.
Just because one cruise line does, doesn't mean every cruise line should. NCL doesn't have the $57 million to give away to meet other cruise lines promises.
I might add NCL promises other things that the other cruise lines don't. Do you expect other cruise lines meet all of NCL's promises?

Closed Thread

Tags
adjustments, carribean, compensation, cruise, drop, drops, long, match, ncl, paaid, policy, price, prices, reservation, royal, sailings, stateroom, upgrade