Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 02:14 PM

Okay we made the decision to go with Norwegian Star. I have been on 12 cruises and they were all traditional, so I am looking forward to the casual style of this ship.

This is my wife's first cruise. Okay what should I look for? I have read every review on here. Some are fantastic, some are good, some are so so and some are terrible.

Is there somewhere online that we can read the menu of the stand alone restaurants? When you are talking ale carte what are some of the prices? Can you order more like in the main dining room?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Ron
Old 10-11-2005, 03:13 PM

Ron, the alternative restaurants may have a la carte menus, but the price is the same, a flat rate per person (usually ranging from $15-30, depending on the cruise line and restaurant.) Of course the main dining room is included in your cruise price. I'm not an order-more person (my stomach only holds so much, although I wish it held more sometimes!) so haven't noticed if you can in the specialty restaurants, but I suspect you can.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:09 PM

Ron, in my opinion, you can have the best cruise if you dine in one of the alternative restaurants every night. The food and service is wonderful and the setting intimate. Figure around $15 to $25 per person, per night for the treat, but it is well worth it.

I would highly recommend the Le Bistro (go for the surf and surf, if you like lobster), the Soho, the Ginza and the Tepenyaki Room. I am not much of a steak person, but I understand the other venues are just as good. I especially liked the Dim Sum in the Ginza for lunch when it was offered.

Spend the extra money and I guarantee you that you will come away with fond memories of the cruise.

Just my opinion.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
noregian, norwegian, star