Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 08:05 PM

Any info about the golf net ?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:12 PM

What do you want to know about it? The dream has one... you can sign out equipment at the bar below it and practice...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Banned

Pedro:

I was on the Dream in October 2006. The golf net is a small area outside. Although small, I saw only one person practicing, and that was a member of the entertainment show staff. Although small it will serve the purpose for a practice swing. Don't expect anything major like a fairway type environment. I would guess the size of the area was 15' x 20' with a net on two sides, hard metal walls on the other two sides. The ball goes into a net also. I would think you can use it for free, but I am not sure.

Happy sailing and practicing your swing. You may want to bring your own club(s), and a few balls. I am not sure what NCL will provide.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico

On the NCL Pearl in THREE days...can't wait.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:26 PM

Hi there Pedro...

Just got off the Dream in Houston on February 10th after the Texaribbean Cruise. Had a great time....very nice crew. The ship is old and very out-dated. The golf thing on The Dream is junk. Nobody uses it. It's at the back of the ship, up on deck 10 (sportsdeck) in the wind. The netting is old, and there's only a small padded thing the size of a mattress to hit, at a distance of about 12 feet. You also have to go down to deck 7 to get an even older club and a few balls to use. Very lame. You may find time to use it though because there are very few activities....unless of course your over 65 and enjoy bingo all day.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:29 AM

Dan, Sounds like things were not as you expected. Did you do any excursions? I hope you don't give up on cruising completely unless it's just not your thing.

There is much more to do on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I hope you get a chance to try that.

Ken
Old 02-16-2007, 03:56 PM

Hi again Ken...
The cruise was great, and the crew awesome. The excusions were short but nice (Cozumel, Belize City). Having read many of the bad reviews I can say that many of them (NCL DREAM TEXARIBBEAN)are accurate with regards to the ship and NCL itself.

Activities are scarce, and the activities are geared toward the senior cruiser. Entertainment was basic: Singer, magiciian with entry level tricks, and the house band played the same 30 tunes every day. The cruise director (I think his name was Brett) did little more than make announcements. Although he took part in the occasional line dance, he didn't show much initiative in getting people involved in any kind of activity.

When in port with other ships from other lines, we really took notice (of the difference in ship size and layout) that we were on a "junior" ship.

That being said....we did pay an entry level price for an entry level cruise on an entry level cruise line. We had the opportunity to meet many great people from all over the USA, as well as tremendous crew from around the globe. The food was good, with nice presentation and hot temps.

For the price....$299 to $399 I would say yes. For the extra hundred or two I would really think about moving to a higher end line. And yes...a vacation is really what you make of it no matter what....and we did have a lot of fun.

And thanks for the Block and Barrel thing! I also noticed a couple of SYSCO trucks waiting for us as we arrived back into Houston. Meeting up on these boards is also a ton of fun. We're really looking forward to another cruise...perhaps with RCCL or Princess.
Dan
Old 02-16-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan in Winnipeg:
Hi again Ken...
The cruise was great, and the crew awesome. The excusions were short but nice (Cozumel, Belize City). Having read many of the bad reviews I can say that many of them (NCL DREAM TEXARIBBEAN)are accurate with regards to the ship and NCL itself.

We're really looking forward to another cruise...perhaps with RCCL or Princess.
Dan
Excellent post! Sounds like a good plan, RCCL has a heck of a lot more to offer and NCL seems to be struggling. Oh yea, there are Huge Princess fans here who might steer you that way and that would be a good thing. Matter of fact Princess will probably be our next cruise.

Sounds like maybe you will hang in there with the forum.

In Minneapolis, we are having the annual Upper Midwest Hospitality and Resaurant Show this weekend. We will be checking out new products and equipment.

Ken
Old 02-16-2007, 09:59 PM

We were anchored bside the Grand Princess in Belize. WHAT A SHIP!!! By far the nicest looking ship yet. And with all the bells and whistles....and pure SIZE. I'd defenitley try this one out....if you haven't seen pictures you should google it.

Good luck with the equipment....alto sham, cleveland, hobart....blah blah blah. Our big food show is in March at the Winnipeg Convention Centre....very hectic....the Chef's come out in full swing.

Closed Thread