Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2006, 09:23 AM

MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN ON 6 CRUISES INCLUDING THIS ONE. THIS IS BY FAR SUB PAR TO ANY WE HAVE BEEN ON.THE ALL AMERICAN CREW WERE RUDE,INDIFFERENT AND DISORGANIZED.ON ONE OCCASION WE ATTEMPTED BREAKFEST AT THE SKYLINE RESTAURANT AND LEFT AFTER 40 MINUTES BECAUSE ALL THAT WAS DELIVERED OF OUR ENTREES WAS MY WIFES CEREAL. ADDITIONALLY THE BOAT SMELLED OF SEWERAGE AND THE CABIN WAS SMALL FOR A BALCONY SUITE. NCL CHARGED EXTRA FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING WATER IN YOUR ROOM $4.50 PER LITER.THE USUAL SPECIALTY RESTAURANT CHARGE WAS $10 TO $15 DOLLARS EXTRA PER PERSON AND EVEN THE FOOD AT THESE RESTAURANTS WAS LIKE HOSPITAL CAFETERIA FOOD.THE CHARGE OF $10. PER DAY PER PERSON FOR GRATUITIES MORE THAN LIKELY RESULTED IN THE STAFF BEING INDIFFERENT AND RUDE.ALL IN ALL NCLS MONOPOLY ON HAWAIIAN ISLAND CRUISES IS TERRIBLE. I ADVISE ANYONE WHO HAS PLANNED THIS TRIP TO RETHINK THEIR POSITION. SINCERELY JUDGE ROBERT L SKLODOWSKI(RETIRED)
Old 04-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Banned

Sorry you had a sub par cruise?
NCL and NCLA, while basically the same company, are entirely different cruising experiences.
NCLA's Hawaiian cruises are port intenstive cruises, and sail to four islands in just seven days.

The experiences of a cruise consists of two parts, aboard the ship and ashore. We know how you felt about your experiences aboard the ship, how were your experiences ashore? What did you do at every port, and did you have fun?

As a judge, I hope you understand law and understand America's cabatoge laws. NCLA does not have a monopoly in Hawaii. Every cruise line can build or buy American built ships and man them with American crews if they chose to do so.
Many cruise lines sail to Hawaii, but since it takes days to reach and return from a foreign port, their cruises are much longer than 7 days.

I hope your next cruise is your best!
Old 04-29-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUDGE SKLODOWSKI:
MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN ON 6 CRUISES INCLUDING THIS ONE. THIS IS BY FAR SUB PAR TO ANY WE HAVE BEEN ON.THE ALL AMERICAN CREW WERE RUDE,INDIFFERENT AND DISORGANIZED.ON ONE OCCASION WE ATTEMPTED BREAKFEST AT THE SKYLINE RESTAURANT AND LEFT AFTER 40 MINUTES BECAUSE ALL THAT WAS DELIVERED OF OUR ENTREES WAS MY WIFES CEREAL. ADDITIONALLY THE BOAT SMELLED OF SEWERAGE AND THE CABIN WAS SMALL FOR A BALCONY SUITE. NCL CHARGED EXTRA FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING WATER IN YOUR ROOM $4.50 PER LITER.THE USUAL SPECIALTY RESTAURANT CHARGE WAS $10 TO $15 DOLLARS EXTRA PER PERSON AND EVEN THE FOOD AT THESE RESTAURANTS WAS LIKE HOSPITAL CAFETERIA FOOD.THE CHARGE OF $10. PER DAY PER PERSON FOR GRATUITIES MORE THAN LIKELY RESULTED IN THE STAFF BEING INDIFFERENT AND RUDE.ALL IN ALL NCLS MONOPOLY ON HAWAIIAN ISLAND CRUISES IS TERRIBLE. I ADVISE ANYONE WHO HAS PLANNED THIS TRIP TO RETHINK THEIR POSITION. SINCERELY JUDGE ROBERT L SKLODOWSKI(RETIRED)
Old 04-29-2006, 07:47 PM

JUDGE-I JUST LEFT NCL AMERICA'S "PRIDE OF ALOHA" CRUISE SHIP IN MAUI. THIS CRUISE WAS SUB-PAR AS WELL. MY BLOOD PRESSURE SEEMED TO BE GOING UP AT EVERY TURN-AND I CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE A RELAXED PERSON. I FLEW HOME EARLY, AT CONSIDERABLE EXPENSE-JUST TO GET OFF THAT BOAT. NCL WAS BLATANT IN THIER DESIRE TO EXTRACT AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE FROM EVERY GUEST, ALL THE WHILE PROVIDING TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I ADVISE ANYONE CONSIDERING CRUISING WITH NCL AMERICA TO NOT DO IT-PUT YOUR MONEY INTO A DIFFERENT CRUISE.

CPT.SHANE
Old 05-23-2006, 11:05 PM

I have been stewing over what to do/who to tell and I sure wish I had found this site before sailing NCL Pride of America March 25th. We hit really bad weather - which we could have dealt with - but our expereince on the ship was poor - smelt like sewage - food was awful - some crew were very helpful and taking "Pride" (on the Pride of America) in their jobs, many were not.

I thought the organization of booking for shore excursions, and booking alternates when excursions were cancelled due to bad weather was absolutely terrible. We spent an entire day docked in Kuai with every single excursion cancelled and we just sat and watched the container port and the rain - we were sick anyway - but I could not believe that not only were there no alternate excursions but that they were recommending that people not go off the ship due to the risk of mudslides and flooding. I don't care if it costs a few dollars - offer us something to do please!!

The ports are mostly industrial/container and you couldn't just walk off the ship and go exploring (except for tendering in Kona).

We were very disappointed in the whole experience and it took us a lot of years to save up for this trip. Can't help the weather - you just have to deal with it - even bad food you can find something to eat, but the final straw was that we both became very ill - our cabin person was fantastic and very helpful but she was run off her feet as many others on our deck were sick and so were crew so she was having to clean extra rooms for crew who were off sick. We were treated very rudely by her supervisor (she had to report that we were ill and he came to talk to us). He was very rude and unhelpful and absolutely insistent that we "must have eaten something off the ship to make us sick" and they were "trying to figure out where the sick crew had eaten off the ship". We could hear the people in the next cabin through the wall being sick too - I don't think we all ate at the same place....

This was our second cruise - first one was Alaska on fabulous Royal Caribbean in 2001 - I thought this was a great way to see all the Hawaiian islands as we had never been there before - big mistake.... Like taking $4000.00 and lighting a match to it!

Friends don't let friends cruise NCL (especially Hawaii)!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Banned

I'm sorry the weather was bad, and yoou got ill too. But, all the cruis elines use the same piers, and a cruise on another cruise line that same week would have had the same results, as far as your shore excursions being cancelled.

Noroviruses are highly contageous. It only takes one passenger to bring it aboard for it to spread around.

Were passengers ill on other decks? If the source of the norovirsus was from the ship's food, it would have affected every deck.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:39 AM

Wow - my partner manages a large TA - I just emailed him this link since I believe he has some folks booked!

Old 05-25-2006, 10:02 AM

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. The Hawaiian Islands are beautiful, but even ashore, you will encounter rude and indifferent service. The locals don't like "howlies". My husband lived on Maui, they didn't like him when he arrived and 7 years later, when he left, they still didn't like him. I was there on a land tour, stayed in Oahu and visited Kauai, Maui, and the big island. Absolutely beautiful scenery, but received very rude treatment. I tend to let things roll off my back and enjoy myself anyway. I'm glad I got to visit the islands, but I wouldn't pay money to go back. Thank you for sharing your experience on board NCLA. By the way, Princess does cruise to Hawaii. Hope your next cruise will be the best!!
Old 05-26-2006, 11:00 PM

My husband and I have cruised exclusively on ncl and I am beginning to wonder what is going on. Our last cruise, to Alaska on the Dream, nearly had a mutiny! Wherever we ate they were either out of coffee, half and half, or some other basic staple! It took five hours to tender everyone to shore in Sitka, by the time we got there we had ninety minutes and had to get back on line to go back to the boat. We thought maybe it was just that ship but after reading many of these posts it seems a lot of people are complaining. We are going to Bermuda in Sep on the Crown, I hope we will not be bitterly disappointed.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:35 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Linda.toews:
I have been stewing over what to do/who to tell and I sure wish I had found this site before sailing NCL Pride of America March 25th. We hit really bad weather - which we could have dealt with - but our expereince on the ship was poor - smelt like sewage - food was awful - some crew were very helpful and taking "Pride" (on the Pride of America) in their jobs, many were not.

I thought the organization of booking for shore excursions, and booking alternates when excursions were cancelled due to bad weather was absolutely terrible. We spent an entire day docked in Kuai with every single excursion cancelled and we just sat and watched the container port and the rain - we were sick anyway - but I could not believe that not only were there no alternate excursions but that they were recommending that people not go off the ship due to the risk of mudslides and flooding. I don't care if it costs a few dollars - offer us something to do please!!

My husband and I just got back from being on the pride of aloha, and had sooo much fun! We enjoyed the food,crew,and of course HAWAII! The buffets is the only thing we didn't care for. We had awesome stateroom service, thanks to Darwin. He pampered us. We had our room cleaned twice a day, and our sheets turned down every night. Best way to see Hawaii. We would go again in a heart beat. We did see alot of people complaining over petty stuff though. You're the one that makes a good situation good. We treated the crew with respect, and they gave it right back. Imagine that.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, cruise, cruising, forums, hawaiian, island, islands, judge, l, locals, march, ncl, norovirus, ports, pride, robert, sklodowski