Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2002, 07:35 PM

I have to drive-wife doesnt fly- from NY to Miami for departure on 13 Apr 03. I havent seen anything on thier NCL home page about parking. If someone has parked thier own car, how much per day. And when would be the best time to show up for a cruise leaving at 4PM on Sunday. Can we board at 8AM? Jack
Old 11-11-2002, 07:35 PM

I have to drive-wife doesnt fly- from NY to Miami for departure on 13 Apr 03. I havent seen anything on thier NCL home page about parking. If someone has parked thier own car, how much per day. And when would be the best time to show up for a cruise leaving at 4PM on Sunday. Can we board at 8AM? Jack
Old 12-12-2002, 01:29 PM

Parking is $10 a day. Located right at the pier. Boarding times generally start noon so I doubt if you can get on that early.

Stan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2002, 09:29 AM

You won't be able to board any earlier than about noon, as the cruise line will be disembarking passengers from the previous cruise - cruise ships have only a few hours turnaround time between sailings. Relax at your hotel, have a leisurely breakfast, walk around & see the sights (depending on where you are staying) and take a cab or hotel shuttle to the pier around 12:00 or so. Either way, prepare to wait until 1:30 or later to board, as sometimes it does take that long. Enjoy!
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2002, 10:02 AM

We sailed the Norway this summer and drove from NYC suburb to Miami. We were also on the sailing that had the drug bust. We stayed over in Florence, North Carolina for the first night then in Coral Gables for the second. Parked at the pier in Miami (but embarkation was way delayed because of the drug bust)but parking was convenient. 10$ a day. The drive is not bad but watch out for rush hour around D.C.

Email me with further questions (although I think you did).
Old 01-06-2003, 05:11 PM

Parking is very easy, but remember they want $10 per day when you park...in cash...no credit cards.

Closed Thread

Tags
4pm, board, cruise, day, early, embarkment, free, hours, leaving, line, lines, ncl, norwegian, ny, nyc, parking, york