Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 10:57 AM

With 16 members of my family (ages 10-80) cruising and celebrating together I'm concerned about a hassle at dinner time. With everyone off on their own during the day, dinners will be the time for celebration. What can we do to avoid delay and inconvenience?

With 16 members of my family (ages 10-80) travelling together I'm concerned about "freestyle" cruising. What can be done to avoid a hassle at dinner time when we want to be together to celebrate the several family anniversaries that have brought us together from different parts of the country?
Old 02-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Banned

Although Freestyle means you don't have to make reservations, you still can. And that's precisely what you should do, make reservations for every night.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Clark:
Although Freestyle means you don't have to make reservations, you still can. And that's precisely what you should do, make reservations for every night.
Being new at this I may be confused. It is my impression that the main dining rooms (Aqua and Versailles) do not accept reservations.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:22 AM

We have been on the Sun some years ago.
We met some nice people and wanted to eat together now and than.
So we made two or three reservation for tables for 12 people. That was no problem. Maybe situation changed. But why dont you ask the cruiseline in advance?

Old 02-07-2006, 09:10 AM

Thank you. Cruiseline indicates that "Freestyle Dining" does not permit advanced reservations in the main dining rooms. Reservations are possible (though not always available) in smaller, select restaurants, involving surcharge per person. Any "cruise-wise" suggestions on how best to reduce hassle factor at dinner time??

Quote:
Originally posted by oppis:
We have been on the Sun some years ago.
We met some nice people and wanted to eat together now and than.
So we made two or three reservation for tables for 12 people. That was no problem. Maybe situation changed. But why dont you ask the cruiseline in advance?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Banned

Does one have to post a direct link to NCL's website to backup every post one makes?

From http://www.ncl.com/freestyle/qanda.htm

Q. How do we know where to eat each night?
A. There are no rules as to where you dine or when you dine, so try them all.

Q. Can we still sit at the same table every night?
A. Yes. The Maitre dí will be pleased to arrange that for you once you are on board. Or you can change your mind and sit at a different table in a different restaurant every night of our cruise.

The second FAQ and answer above should answer your question. How else can the Maitre d' arrange for you to sit at the same table without reserving that table for you, at a specific time?

Freestyle Dining means exactly what the first FAQ answers. There are no rules! you can reserve a table or not, you can ask to sit at the same table or not, you can ask to have the same server or not, you can dine early or late, you can dine at a different restaurant every night or not.

My main point is, you decide, not the cruise line! Freedom is the backbone of Feestyle Cruising.

Closed Thread

Tags
15, 16, de, dinner, matre, ncl, reserve, seating, table, tonight, versaille