Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 02:34 AM

I started to read about the terrible Hawaii cruise and that just made me want to cancel Hawaii and stick to Carnival Cruise Lines forever. BUT I want to take my 4 children to Hawaii this fall & NCL is the only cruise line with an itinerary I like. Can those of you who have had good experiences on the "American" ships please post a reply?? I didn't want to filter through that negative stuff to look for positives At this point Carnival Miracle Dec 1st is looking better to me than any Hawaii on NCL.
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Carnival Victory, CCL 1-28-07
Sovereign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, 9-24-07
Old 02-12-2007, 03:01 AM

I hate to say this but if you have already cruised with other lines you are going to notice that these NCL Anmerica ships definately are having quality problems.... You need to question youself if you are willing to overlook the problems just for the Itin and are you willing to pay lots of money for a - lets be nice and say not quite up to standard product??

Some people catch a good week or a good steward so they have a better experiance than others... I would put it kindly and say it is a little like playing Roulette. It could be good but your chances of having a not so good cruise are much higher than on other cruiselines including the NCL International part of the line that produce a much better product.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rescue911chick:
I started to read about the terrible Hawaii cruise and that just made me want to cancel Hawaii and stick to Carnival Cruise Lines forever. BUT I want to take my 4 children to Hawaii this fall & NCL is the only cruise line with an itinerary I like. Can those of you who have had good experiences on the "American" ships please post a reply?? I didn't want to filter through that negative stuff to look for positives At this point Carnival Miracle Dec 1st is looking better to me than any Hawaii on NCL.
Sorry but I agree with moeve, you just won't find any good posts and for me that would be an indicator not to go with NCL on those particular ships. I don't know how they will live this down or if they will have to abandon the US only itinerary.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:34 PM

Thank you both. Looks like it's going to be Carnival Miracle for us, and maybe next year we'll go to Hawaii
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Old 02-12-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Thank you both. Looks like it's going to be Carnival Miracle for us, and maybe next year we'll go to Hawaii
Excellent decision!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:47 PM

Hi all, sorry I didn't post this sooner. We just got back from Hawaii and sailed on the Pride of Aloha. Before leaving I read a lot of negative posts about NCL and in particular the Hawaiian ships. While on the cruise I spoke to several people that had a negative attitude as well.
This was my first cruise and my wife's second. All I can say is that we had a GREAT time! Maybe ignorance is bliss or maybe most people don't understand the freestyle concept. I thought the ship was very nice and the crew was polite and helpful. It was my first and won't be my last I LOVED it!! What a great way to see Hawaii.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:06 PM

M&D,

That's a great introduction to cruising for you and I am glad you had a good time. You may well be struck with what many of us enjoy about cruising. There are a lot of different levels of quality and conveniences that you can experience. I hope you cruise again and you might try Alaska or the Caribbean!

Chef Ken
Old 02-13-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Read my posts on pride of aloha, I loved it so much I am going back and I don't consider myself ignorant. I make my trip what it is and Hawaaii is the bomb!. Just click under my name and see recent posts. I can't wait to go back in May. If you have any questions on what to do or see, I will be happy to assist!
Cheers!
Old 02-16-2007, 05:20 PM

Thank you so much Kim!! I'm taking some family along on our fall cruise & since they haven't cruised before I want them to have a great first experience!!
Elation, CCL 9-24-06

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, good, hawai, hawaii, line, reviews