Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006, 06:44 PM

We originally had category HH partially obstructed porthole and were told we would receive an upgrade (we booked with Travelocity). Sure enough, we did get an upgrade to a category G TOTALLY OBSTRUCTED picture window! Any suggestions on how we should proceed without paying an additional fee? Should we ask to go back to the partially obstructed porthole? Please advise. We depart Dec. 2. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned

Travelin Gal:

From our review, you can see that we were in a cabin on Deck 5. Although low, the outside staterooms had a large picture window, that was totally UNobstructed. You may want to try to switch to a lower level. Deck was just perfect for two people. Since the Dream is not a large ship it is easy to get around from Deck 5. Port/excursions exit is from Deck 4, and makes this aspect easy for on and off trips. On Deck 7 you have the promenade and the walking track. You would have people passin in front of your stateroom constantly. So try moving down a few decks. The unobstructed view is well worth making the change. Skip the tiny porthole. For the low price of this cruise, its well worth making the change to get the view from within the ship.

See the review by Richard and Mary for more info. Have fun and enjoy.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, NM
Old 11-20-2006, 09:34 AM

I would ask what it would cost to get the unobstructed view (or mostly so). The port hole is not that great. The oceanview rooms are mostly the same sq footage so its the view you pay extra for.

I'm not that big on having to have a view. MOST of the time I am up on deck somewhere and don't care that I can't see anything but a life boat out of my window. I just use it for the light. If you plan on sitting in your cabin and staring out the window at the water... you are best off going to a balcony cabin.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Administrator

I'd keep the newly assigned category G. We had one of these cabins on sister ship Norwegian Wind several years ago, and it was absolutely fine. There will be a lifeboat blocking your view, but light will still enter the cabin during the daytime. The category HH cabins are in not-so-great locations -- lowest passenger deck, far forward. The G cabins are more centrally located.

Closed Thread

Tags
assignment, assignments, carnival, category, change, cruise, cruisecabin, dream, lineroom, norwegian, reviews, room, state