Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2005, 04:45 AM

Hi, have just found this site, so please bear with me if I make mistakes. We are sailing on the Norwegian jewel, at the end of Sept, for 11 nights to New England. Have just upgraded to a balcony from inside, and am not sure if this is the right thing to have done, bearing in mind the cruise we are on. We have not cruised before and treated ourselves to a balcony after much thought. What sort of tempertures are likely? Any advice would be welcome as we are new to this. thanks
Old 07-11-2005, 05:58 AM

Hi Joni,
Welcome to cruise-chat. The scenery in New England in the fall can be spectacular. However, on the other hand, the weather in the fall is quite changeable and hard to predict. You could have sunny days and temps in the 70's, or it could be downright cold, windy and damp. Average fall temperatures range from 55 to 70+. Mark Twain said it best in his famous quote, "If you don't like the weather in New Engand, just wait a minute".

Even if the weather is not perfect - I think a balcony is still a wonderful amenity on a cruise. Being able to enjoy views of the ocean and passing scenery in quiet solitude can truly add to the cruise experience. I don't think you will be disappointed with your decision.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-11-2005, 07:17 AM

Thanx for your reply NancyN, it may seem like a silly question but as we are new to cruising I have so many qustions. I am really excited about the forthcoming cruise and your comments help to make me think we have done the right thing. Coming from the UK we are certainly used to changable weather !!!! Again many thanx.

Joni
Old 07-11-2005, 08:59 AM

Joni, if the weather does get cooler, the ship will have blankets available by the pool and also on the Promenade deck. You can grab a couple and curl up on your balcony to watch the scenery go by. Get a pot of tea from room service and you are looking at a perfect at sea cruise day.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 07-11-2005, 09:11 AM

sounds wonderful Tom. cant wait. Will September ever come?????
Old 07-11-2005, 11:22 AM

Hi Joni,

have done the Indian Summer cruise in october 2001 on the NCL Sun. It was fantastic. But it was of cause later. So temperatures were different, beginning with warm weather in N.Y., becoming colder in Boston, getting frost in Maine and really cold coming to Quebeck.
But it was wonderful. With a balcony cabin you might be lucky to see whales. We saw Beluga whales in the Saguenay River and not only one of them.

I think, we take the same tour again in a couple of years, but then earlier, maybe also in september, but not too early, because the changing of the colours of the trees is really spectacular.

Enjoy your cruise, September comes so fast.

Best regards, Marita

Old 07-11-2005, 02:25 PM

Hi Marita,

thanx so much for your reply, it is nice to get so many helpful hints and encouragement from you all. It does indeed sound wonderful, and an added bonus if we could see some whales. I am getting the message that regardless of weather or any little problems that arise, cruising is the best. I can see us being spoilt for any other holiday. We are so excited and cant wait to see the new ship, I have been following its building progress and it is so close now.
Again thank you all for your messages. Any cruising tips would be very welcome.

Joni

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, england, fall, reviews, weather