Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 02:36 PM

Does anyone know if you can make arrangements to tour the kitchen on the Star?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I've never heard of a kitchen tour....but that's not to say you couldn't ask...Most of the time there is so much going on in the kitchens, I'm sure they don't want people walking around...but ask at the Service Desk when you get on board....Some ships offer a Bridge tour, but that is getting harder to get to do now....Happy Sailing

Bob E
Old 08-14-2007, 07:18 PM

Kitchen or Galley tours are becoming increasingly popular. Holland America had one on Noordam in January and Carnival Victory had one last month on a short Canadaian cruise. There are a couple of photos from the Carnival tour on my website: http: //www.beyondships.com/CARNIVALVICTORY.html. in the Victory in Pictures section.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Banned

No bridge tours allowed unless special invitation by the Captain. Each ship has an observation room unto the bridge during daylight hours then shades are pulled thereafter due to backlighting. Kitchen tours unheard of also on NCL ships. Last Kitchen tour on NCL was about two years ago, and it was nothing to write home about. It was just a quick walk thru a specific area of the kitchen. Your not allowed in the high traffic areas at all, due to security concerns.

Richard & Mary
Old 08-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard & Mary:
Each ship has an observation room unto the bridge during daylight hours then shades are pulled thereafter due to backlighting.
This isn't fleet-wide...I'm pretty certain the newer ships have this, but I am not sure about Norwegian Star.

With regard to Galley tours, NCL may offer them by invitation only. They were offered quite frequently to all passengers a few years ago, but have stopped.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:08 AM

I don't know about NCL, however I know Carnival offer a kitchen tour when I went on my cruise, but that was over 10 years ago so things might have changed.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, galley, invite, kitchen, ncl, norwegian, princess, star, tour, tours