Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2002, 11:13 AM

Will be taking first cruise ever (on Norwegian Sea) from 3/8-13, 03 to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, etc. Am a youthful 63, widow, career journalist, non-smoker, hoping to meet new faces (and not be expected to have to write about them!) and learn how it feels to be pampered. If you are on this cruise, and/or have some ideas please respond. Will be traveling alone so I need all the help I can get.
Kalamitykay
Old 10-12-2002, 11:13 AM

Will be taking first cruise ever (on Norwegian Sea) from 3/8-13, 03 to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, etc. Am a youthful 63, widow, career journalist, non-smoker, hoping to meet new faces (and not be expected to have to write about them!) and learn how it feels to be pampered. If you are on this cruise, and/or have some ideas please respond. Will be traveling alone so I need all the help I can get.
Kalamitykay
Old 10-14-2002, 01:57 PM

I sailed on the Norwegian Sea in Jan 99, and found her a nice comfortable size ship. Different itinerary completely, so I can't answer to that. Enjoyed it a lot; food is not quite as good as some other cruise lines but unless you're really fussy, it should work out fine.

If you want to meet people, be sure to go on some shore excursions, and ask for a large table for dining (I assume that's an option with Freestyle dining, which I haven't yet experienced.)

One thing to be aware of, there may be some vibration during meals in the dining room at the stern, especially when leaving or entering a port. Nothing to worry about, just a little unnerving if you haven't experienced it before.

Approach people, ask to sit with them at meals or shows or lounges, and have a wonderful time!!!
Karen
Old 10-15-2002, 06:57 AM

Am so excited about this cruise. I'm not going to be too fussy as I won't have anything to compare it to, but it sure beats staying home and working.
Will remember to see aft instead of stern if possible.(But maybe the vibrations will help burn off the calories of dinner!) Kalamity Kay
Old 10-15-2002, 09:27 AM

Glad to be of at least a little help. Cruises are great - like you said, you're not at home doing the same old thing! If you want to see a little more of the ship, I have some pictures of my cruise on my website. Email me at travel@knowlton.org for the address if you want. And have a wonderful time!
Karen

Closed Thread