Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2002, 06:57 AM

I have read good reviews and bad reviews. Any recent reviews on NCL SKy and its Alaska routes?
My husband and I are going in July and I want to make this a special trip for him. He's not even excited.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:27 PM

We did the Sky last October Vancouver to Hawaii and loved the ship. The only negative was how slow and long embarkation was but it was shortly after 9/ll and security was real tight. Food was good ship and crew were great. We really loved freestyle and never had to wait and requested the same waiter each night with no problem. Any specific questions let me know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 06:38 PM

The Sky is great! The cabins are small so be aware that storage space is tight to say the least. I sailed the Norwegian Wind to Alaska in May and security in Vancouver was extremely tight. Since the Sky departs Seattle, I don't hink it will be a problem.

As a normal course of events, I would suggest you get there a night early to enjoy the departure port and to be sure you are at the ship when it begins to board, after all you paid for it why not enjoy it?

Tom
Old 07-03-2002, 07:01 AM

We were just on it in May to Alaska. Ship is beautiful food I thought could be improved on we had a few waiters in the dining room that were disappointing so when we found on e we like we reserved a table everynight. The ports are wonderful. We went whale watching in Juneau, take the afternoon train in Skagway, we shopped in Ketchikan, Haines was a bust I wouldn't get of the ship next time nothing in town to do or see.
Victoria was wonderful. We did a carriage tour of the city all lit up at night which was terrific. We did not book any of our excusions except the train through the cruise line.Cruising Glacier Bay was great. It was a wonderful overall trip. A cruise is what you make it!
Old 07-13-2002, 10:51 AM

We went in July of 2001
Trip was fantastic in every way.
Service and food were good. Cabin small but
comfortable.
Skagway and the train up the pass were
highlights.
Victoria was beautiful.
Saw glaciers, grizzly bear and many, many whales.
I may go on the same cruise again.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:38 AM

What about very many people bieng sick on your cruise? Was the SKY clean / sanitary? Would bieng on the upper levels 10 or 11 feel more motion??

Nathan Ray

Nathan Ray

Closed Thread

Tags
clean, ncl, sky