Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2005, 08:55 PM

Has anyone ever experienced what I've experienced? Please let me know.

I sailed on NCL and used my Debit card to pay for my bill. I returned from my cruise on 12/18/04 with a final bill of $881.25 which came out of my account on 12/20/04. Then on 12/27/04 another $28.75 came out of my account which I believe is the amount of a soda sticker for unlimited sodas while you sail. It was NOT included in my final bill, I have never been notified as to what the charge is and it overdrafted my account. I have been in contact with NCL customer service dept. several times they have asking me for my bank account statements,and credit card numbers which I have provided, but still the NCL accounting dept. has not contacted me.

I have no problem paying the $28.75 if I made the charge, what I do have problems with is when someone makes a charge to my credit card I would like to be notified as to what the purchase is, so I can pay for it, and not just come out of my account. Am I over reacting?

Please feel free to email me at leese@rock.com or post a message if something like this has happened to you with NCL.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:55 PM

Has anyone ever experienced what I've experienced? Please let me know.

I sailed on NCL and used my Debit card to pay for my bill. I returned from my cruise on 12/18/04 with a final bill of $881.25 which came out of my account on 12/20/04. Then on 12/27/04 another $28.75 came out of my account which I believe is the amount of a soda sticker for unlimited sodas while you sail. It was NOT included in my final bill, I have never been notified as to what the charge is and it overdrafted my account. I have been in contact with NCL customer service dept. several times they have asking me for my bank account statements,and credit card numbers which I have provided, but still the NCL accounting dept. has not contacted me.

I have no problem paying the $28.75 if I made the charge, what I do have problems with is when someone makes a charge to my credit card I would like to be notified as to what the purchase is, so I can pay for it, and not just come out of my account. Am I over reacting?

Please feel free to email me at leese@rock.com or post a message if something like this has happened to you with NCL.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:10 AM

Interesting. Could you dispute the charge with the card company? If NCL does not have a signed transaction, they would have a difficult time making it stick and they would have to come up with an explanation. I agree with you that simply charging without any explanation is not proper.

Tom
Old 01-25-2005, 04:30 PM

I called NCL again and was told that the 28.75 will be credited back to my account by a Danniel on the Norweigen Sea. No explaination was given as to why it was charged to my account. I left a voice mail for Danniel I will keep you informed when I hear something.

I wonder how many other guests this happens to and they just thought that it was something that they charged but was just missed by NCL.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:04 AM

Glad you pursued the matter. Please do make sure you keep us posted on the status of your pending credit. I am sure there are many people who automatically assume that the charges are legitimate and never follow-up. Good for you!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-26-2005, 05:14 AM

Wow, that is interesting.

Tom
Old 02-12-2005, 06:42 PM

Hurray NCL never knew what the charge was for or how it got on there, they credited me the $28.75 and will refund me $30 for an overdraft fee. I would have prefered more but am tired of dealing with them and want it settled. They said that it could take up to 2 months for it to show up on my account.

Thanks to everyone for the postings
Old 02-15-2005, 09:01 AM

believe it or not, it happened to me, TWICE, both on Carnival Cruise Lines. 1st time, I could reconcile $400+ in charges/tips but there were approx $18 in charges I can not reconcile. Second time it happened, I had over $22 in charges posted to my cabin that I could not account for........Both cases I requested detailed and itemized statements and both times, Carnival credited back my credit card within approx 3 weeks. But I find it real odd and something tells me Carnival is up to something here.....maybe assuming people do not check this charges line by line/individually....I would not be surprised if this thing blows up into a class-action lawsuit eventually.....we all know the cruise lines catering to the mass market will try to nickel and dime you at every opportunity they get!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:42 PM

Bill It eats up alot of time and energy just to get back a few dollars, thank you for posting your problems here, if we can get enough people with the same issues it could definately lead to a lawsuit. look at this website http://cruisemates.com/MBindex/advice.cfm and click on "Cruise gripes", I have also posted it there you may want to do the same with your problem.

Everyone please look at your charges and please post here if you or anyone else you know have had this or similar issues.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:57 PM

class action lawsuit????
is there an attorney in the house???
I will play lead plaintiff

Closed Thread

Tags
account, additional, bank, card, caribbean, carnival, charged, charges, checked, credit, cruise, debit, line, ncl, overdrafted, posting, royal