Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
quote:
Bed bugs? I and probably hundreds of thousands of passengers have sailed on the Spirit without seeing or being bitten by bed bugs, and you worry about stories written by just a few passengers? Were they even bed bugs, or were they sand fleas they brought back to the ship from the beach?

You may be interested in this. It relates to Dawn and may be the sources referred to for the "bed bug" issue.

http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index.php/DonsBlog/20...tyle_or_free_for_all

This guy is one big loser, expecting Penthouse accommodations in a Mini Suite. Mini Suites don't get butler services, neither do they get DVD players. Complaining about the long lines for tendering, but didn't use the concierge available for his Mini Suite to get priority tender tickets. By the way, you call the concierge, they don't wait on you. Forgeting to bring his papers so he could win the arguments with NCL over on board credits.
What a sad state of affairs, not realizing Mini Suites aren't Penthouse Suites. Apparently this man always had a butler do everything for him on previous cruises, and was hopeless managing on his own.
Then let's talk about the bed bugs. Any insect can cause bite marks on his wife. Isn't it strange he didn't get any bites from the bedbugs? You would have thought bedbugs infesting his cabin would have bitten him too. Therefore, one must come to the conclusion she got the bites elsewhere. Maybe they weren't bedbugs at all, possibly sand fleas from the beach?
You know how much I believe this guy by now. On a scale of 1 to 10, how about a 1?
Old 04-27-2007, 02:27 PM

The issue of bed bugs on the Spirit is just that- no issue !!! We never had a problem. As for the people who expect the world handed to them on a silver platter - maybe they should try something other than cruising.... We are the working class - pay check to pay check people who booked a cruise out of NY because it was close to home and all we wanted to do is celebrate our 15th anniversary..... We did that and more!! Its been said many times before - you get what you want out of a cruise. I didn't expect how beautiful the ship would be or how nice everyone was - if you smile, others will. Enjoy your cruise - your excursions - your food - make it work for you -since honestly - you're the only one that matters !!
Old 04-27-2007, 08:41 PM

That was a really nice response. thanks
Old 04-30-2007, 11:50 AM

barzani I just got back from an 8 day on the Spirit. Check out my thread " Back from 8 day spirit.. impressions and details"

I give an unbiased impression as this was my first ever cruise.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Banned

Glad you had a great time Jude! Thanks for posting a detailed review too!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Banned

not sure how the above got posted in this thread but oh well.

Closed Thread

Tags
balconies, bed, bedbugs, bugs, butler, concierge, cruise, line, mean, ncl, norwegian, norweigian, open, partitions, reviews, service, ship, ships, spirit