Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2007, 04:36 PM

Hi, I am going on the Spirit this summer. Does anyone have comments, suggestions, etc. about this ship. thanks
Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 AM

We sailed on the Spirit two summers ago when it was sailing to Alaska. It was our first cruise and we loved it!!! So well we are taking our second cruise to Europe this July.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

The first thing you'll notice as you board the Spirit is its teak decks. Not many ships in NCL's fleet today has teak decks. The second thing you'll notice is its beautiful Asian decor, just about everywhere.
The Spirit is one of my favorites. The cabins are neither too large nor too small, just about right. The showers in all the cabins have glass partitions, rather than plastic curtains that sticvk to you while you shower. The one disappointment I had with the cabins is the lack of a refrigerators in standard cabins, only the suites have this accessory. But the ice buckets are refilled twice a day.
While most modern ships ar eloaded with balcony cabins like the Spirit, most place many decks of aft facing balcony cabins and suites on the stern, the Spirit has just one private deck aft.
The rest of the aft facing decks are full of public spaces, like cruise ships from an earlier era; from the Raffles Terraces behing the Raffles Buffet, Kids pools area and it's amphitheatre, the wrap around Promenade Deck, and two stories high palladium windows for the main restaurant appropriately named Windows.
It has all the restaurants larger NCL ships have, except a Tapas style bar.
I know you'll have a great cruise aboard the Spirit.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:14 PM

Thanks so much for the information. I appreciate and am looking forward to the cruise.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:46 PM

Hey barzani , New cruiser here as well . Our family will be travelling in June on The Spirit.
I'm very excited , as is my Seven year old . My one fear is this talk of BED BUGS , if someone
could pass along an update on that whole thing It would be very much appreciated !
Hope to see anyone on board ...
Old 04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxim:
Hey barzani , New cruiser here as well . Our family will be travelling in June on The Spirit.
I'm very excited , as is my Seven year old . My one fear is this talk of BED BUGS , if someone
could pass along an update on that whole thing It would be very much appreciated !
Hope to see anyone on board ...
Bed bugs? I and probably hundreds of thousands of passengers have sailed on the Spirit without seeing or being bitten by bed bugs, and you worry about stories written by just a few passengers? Were they even bed bugs, or were they sand fleas they brought back to the ship from the beach?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Banned

The spirit is a fine ship. You will love the back decks out by the ping pong tables. Wonderful views and a relaxing setting. Enjoy.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 PM

- I was on in March - Our 1st and we loved it... I wrote to a few people reguarding the Spirit - check out my past posts - you will love this ship - have a great cruise.....
Old 04-26-2007, 05:27 PM

thanks so much for your comments
Old 04-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Bed bugs? I and probably hundreds of thousands of passengers have sailed on the Spirit without seeing or being bitten by bed bugs, and you worry about stories written by just a few passengers? Were they even bed bugs, or were they sand fleas they brought back to the ship from the beach?

You may be interested in this. It relates to Dawn and may be the sources referred to for the "bed bug" issue.

http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index.php/DonsBlog/20...tyle_or_free_for_all

Closed Thread

Tags
balconies, bed, bedbugs, bugs, butler, concierge, cruise, line, mean, ncl, norwegian, norweigian, open, partitions, reviews, service, ship, ships, spirit